1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strada Power Failure

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Milner, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Had a total cut out / power failure whilst negotiating a country lane bend at silly o'clock this morning, and ended up in a ditch.
    The LED running lights stayed on and also the rear lamp, but the dash and headlight went out.
    The fuel pump/whizz noise is still there when the ignition is turned back on, but the engine will not start and I still have no dash.
    Any ideas / thoughts at what occured before I shout at a dealer.
    Any one else had a similar experiance?

2. I had a problem with my Hypermotard driving on the motorway. I would ride along and open up to over take and then it would just cut out completely almost got taken out a couple of times by cars behind me. I worked out that it was a dodgy stand sensor I just undone the sensor and on the back u have a small trigger switch and flicked it so its always off. I took it into bike shop the next day and they replaced the switch.

3. Thanks, ill look into that.......once ive got rid of half the field thats stuck underneath ;-)

4. Sounds like a problem for your dealer to sort out, being a Strada it must still be covered by warranty.

5. Sounds like a problem for your dealer to sort out, being a Strada it must still be covered by warranty.

6. Definately will be going back to the dealer, just wanted some thoughts of why it may have occurred or if anyone else has had the same issue. Will update the post with what the outcome is........

• Like Like x 1
  7. I take it you weren't too badly hurt which is good.

8. Torn the muscles in my left shoulder and lower back, as i got thrown over the top of the bike. The bike kinda locked up on a bend, and steered me toward the kerb as i tried to keep it upright. The front wheel clipped the kerb and i stuck the bike up a grass verge, which saved the bike. Only broke the left handguard and mirror, scratch on the screen and scratches on the side panel..... Could have been a lot worse ;-)

9. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your shoulder and back!

10. That's a shocker. I'm guessing a slipper clutch might have saved it but....

11. Hi mate have you got any update about the bike? Hope the injuries are getting better.

12. The 821 Hypers all came with a slipper standard though?

13. Quick update.... Only found out today! Bike is still at the dealer, theyve got it running, and agrree a fuse had blown, they havent said why or what, but Ducati uk have said the crash damage is down to me..... Ive tried speaking to a real person at DUK but thats pretty impossible.
    Really disappointed at their response, its my first Ducati, and was actually thinking of adding another to the stable. But as it stands, I dont know how much this is going to cost me, and i dont really want the bike back now.
    Thanks for all your concerns re injuries.... I had a cheeky two weeks off work with a torn shoulder muscle, but ill live, which of course is the main thing..... It couldve been worse :)

14. That's a real shame - their first line of defence of no is not that surprising and you may need to be persistent, including taking legal advice - perhaps citizens advice or a legal helpline with your insurers or a no win no fee company or.....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information