1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streetfighter 1098s Exhaust

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Hood49, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Hey Boys and Girls,

Over the winter I am looking to change my termignoni "double" exhaust with a "all in one". It has been a couple of years that I have been driving around with these termi's. Could anybody recommend something?

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. I switched my Termis for the Akrapovic slip ons. :)

But if you must go single, as @Gimlet says, the Austin can does look nice.

IMG_4689.JPG

3. Indeed the Austin Can look nice. I need to do some research to see what mods I need to do to the pipes.
    Thanks for the ideas!

4. Im after an exhaust too, SC PROJECTS also do a nice one and they have a sale on, I'm guessing now the Streetfighter is obsolete they have a stock of them to shift
    DUCATI STREETFIGHTER EXHAUST

5. I kind of like these Austin Racing Cans better. I wonder if this is easy to fit. Just received a mail from them. Just fit on the stock pipes apparently. Anybody had experience with Austin?

6. I'm tempted by the AR myself but I would prefer to pair it with the headers from the Termi full system because they have a wider bore than the OE pipes. My bike has OE headers with slip-on Termis. The cost of finding some Termi headers on top of the AR system is what's stopped me buying before now. But I do think its the best looking system and should be a lot lighter than the Termis.

Check out this thread on the AR system on the Ducati.ms forum.
    Austinracing Exhaust Now Ready - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

Also this thread on this forum which is where the above pic came from.
    http://ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/austin-racing-streetfighter-exhaust.25623/
    The OE heat shield doesn't look right with the AR system. In the pic I posted above I think a Rizoma heel guard has been fitted instead which looks much better. I don't know if AR offer a shield with their system now. Its worth checking out.

Kentish owns/owned the bike in the pic. Anyone know him? Doesn't look like he's been around on the forum since June last year.

#7 Gimlet, Nov 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2016
  7. Received my Austin Racing GP2 last week. Gonna install it over the next few days. Let you guys know.

8. cool, do you have to re-map it or whatever they call it??

9. No, I have a DP racing remap and apparently this will work with the new pipe, lets see...

10. let me know as I want to install this after Xmas cheers

11. Hi I've got the sc projects pipe real nice sound and looks the part

IMG_6494.JPG

12. That pipe just "looks" loud :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nice looking pipe!

14. Jeez guys, just installed it and revved the engine. This is loud! You need the the DB killer! It is like a GP bike!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Pics?
    What header/link pipe parts does it come with?

16. Here are two pics I took with my Mobile. Not good quality. Put better ones later on.
    They just slip on the original headers. However, it gets wrid of the valve.

IMG_20161221_135805.jpg

IMG_20161221_135523.jpg

17. BTW, you can see that the clutch needed replacing as well. Ouch!

18. That looks very nice, that does Hood. :upyeah:

IMG_20161221_135805.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Yes I like that a lot. Did you get the heat shield/heel guards with it?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information