1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Classic Sump Guard Fitting

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Ace, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Hi,
    Not long had my Scrambler Classic in fact I bought it second hand a month ago picked it up in my van and put it away till the better weather arrives. She's only done 280 miles and 3 months old the original owner didn't like it, anyway just starting to put my twist on the bike and bought a Genuine Sump Guard on Ebay from WolvesDucati it came today lovely alloy guard and bags and I mean bags of grommets, screws and brackets and NO instructions. I called WolvesDucati a very nice chap told me there for dealer fitment so no instructions supplied so anybody fitted one yet any help appreciated.

2. actually forget it i'm sending the guard back the finish quality is not up to standards and its an absolute joke to fit with loads of small bolts and bits not something that's going to withstand muck thrown at it while riding I can see the small parts rusting too soon :frowning:

#2 Ace, Feb 24, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  3. Shame can't comment on the quality but it's not to hard to fit once you get it sorted in your head if you go onto the ducati scrambler forum there are some really useful post's that make sense picture's that help a lot I know it's a bit intimidating just having a pile of bits but as I said not to bad once you understand were it all goes as far as I know none of the bits you can get come with any instructions fitting the front and rear mudguard from the full throttle onto an icon really tries you patience all a learning curve hope this info helps if you decide to get another one and give it a go

4. okay before I send it back is the a post somewhere for fitting it or a link?

5. Sorry got it wrong it the front and rear mudguards from the classic not the full throttle.

6. If your ace 23 on the scrambler forum you found it. Like you not sure I could have fitted it without the help of this thread

#6 MERV, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  7. yes that's me there nothing on this site and it's also very quite on here been looking at some of the posting on this site and there well old it looks like the scrambler guys have gone to the other forum like you have been looking at :wink: I googled my problem with fitting of it and on the other forum there's blow by blow pictures to help. I'm going to take some pictures of the fitment and post them up on here when it's done. :grinning:

8. instructions

Attached Files:

9. many thanks mate that's perfect I'm fitting it Saturday not sure why the dealers can't email this.

10. no reason unless they were expecting you to go back for them to fit it :)

11. As suggested if you go on Ducati Scrambler Forum there was a post today titled 'fitted the belly pan' for reference.

12. Well, just fitted the sump guard and it took me longer to get my tools from the workshop than to actually fit it probably about 15 minutes :smile:

13. That's great, looked scary but pretty simple once you get what goes were sorted really please to have pointed you in the right direction. That really is what these forums should be about for me helping people out and not trying to take chunks out of them.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information