1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superlight Single seat unit showing all the brackets etc in place.

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by sim900sl, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Happy to photograph all Brkts rubbers etc with a ruler as a scale at the weekend if you want

2. Here are the genuine Ducati prices with a dealer discount of 10% all exclude VAT bought 3 weeks ago from Moto Rapido, there appears to be somewhat of a difference !

Rear Brkts Gen £ 4.70 each
    Rear Rubbers gen £3.56 each
    Front Brkt Gen £11.48 each
    Front rubbers £4.83 each

3. Feck me sim I bought these from mdina italia at these prices, you are feckin joking me

4. Just re read my invoice got me bloody worried the prices I quoted are for 2 not each jeez h started panicking that I had been had . Sorry al ignore the x2 bit the prices I have quoted are for a pair. Thanks si for pointing it out

5. Still more expensive than what you have been quoted though , quite a bit in places. Bought a new mirror that was £71.97 plus vat that about right? In red

6. Heres the comparison Mdina are over 30% more ! I buy all my genuine spares mail order from Moto Rapido , faultless Knowledge and service from Craig & Luke.
    Prices are quoted for 2 of each item excluding Vat
    [TABLE="width: 144"]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 128, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 2"]Moto Rapido[/TD]
    [TD="width: 64, bgcolor: transparent"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 3"]Rear Brkts Gen £ 9.40 [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 3"]Rear Rubbers gen £7.12[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 3"]Front Brkt Gen £22.96[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 3"]Front rubbers £9.66[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl63, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 2"]Mdina Italy[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 3"]Rear Brkts Gen £ 13.50 [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 3"]Rear Rubbers gen £10.80 [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 3"]Front Brkt Gen £31.32 [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 3"]Front rubbers £12.34 [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Good to know, nowt like a sucker with cash to spend. Last time I shall use mdina

8. Don't worry we all made similar mistakes , what I tend to do is type the part no into Google and it will usually give you a site or two in Europe priced in Euros and it gives me a guide , I must say Dealt with Moto Rapido and have always found them helpful and responsive .

• Like Like x 1
  9. So basically the seat unit sits on the frame at the front brackets position and the rear brackets hook under the frame tubes.........

........then it is a case of four allen bolts into wellnuts in the normal frame lugs and that's what holds this big lump of GRP in place?

But even though four allen bolts and rubbery wellnuts are a bit flimsy IMO; you can't get the d*mn thing off quickly enough if you need to.

So 1) Anyone tried DZUS to hold it on and; 2) Anyone formed a removable panel so access can be gained to the plastic tray underneath??

10. The front and rear brackets rest on the frame and the four bolts hold it all in place it takes about 2 minutes to unbolt it so as long as you have an allen key its very quick

11. Anyone formed a removable panel so access can be gained to the plastic tray underneath??

Don't quote me but was it the 851/888 that had a removable seat back to get in the "hump"

I am sure it wouldn't be too difficult to cut and add a hinge, and think of the amount of crap you could put in it!

i might be on to something here?

12. T'woz wot I woz finkin'.......It could be done so the bum-stop foam pad acts as a seal of of sorts.

13. It has been done, with the bum stop opening downwards on hinges. I think it was on ducati MS

14. Found this -Italo Shop Neuss- site. They have a Superlight seat unit with toolbox/tail access. Also have some nice bling for SS bikes.

15. Nice site, trying to find bling in the uk is proving difficult

16. #57 WAH900ss, Dec 14, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  17. photo.jpg Superlight seat, woo hoo cheers Paul, my new rear brackets will be superfluous as will my new seat pads, (too deep) will get these recovered, Tank has been stripped out and has been welded previously and POR treated which is now coming away in clumps, need new seals etc until such time that RCV4 supplies a tank :).

photo.jpg

18. Nice looking seat.
    I agree with the comment about the seat pads, it sits you too high, another plus is by using foam you can trim the front of the fibreglass and lift the tank without the trauma of removing said seat..
    how did you attatch the rearmost brackets?

#59 SPIKE, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
Do Not Sell My Personal Information