1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supertech R Boots

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by camelfarmer, Dec 30, 2016.

1. I'm probably going to get a pair of these alpinestars boots to replace my 3 year old SMX plus boots. Anyone got experience with them? I like the black/white/fluro yellow ones but the design showed on the website is different in the different pictures and its the second one that appears to be the correct one. Got getgeared to give them to me for £300, which isn't bad I thought.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. I have a pair, in black. A great boot but quite warm in the summer (I have a pair of Sidi Vertigo Air for touring in the summer months). You can get a perf. version of these but, at the time I bought mine, white only.

The reinforced inner sock of the Supertechs can make taking the boots off a bit fiddly as sometimes it comes out on your foot, not a big deal really. Comfort is good, usual AS standard, though I do have an issue with the little toe on my right foot but that manifests itself in the Sidis too so is more down to my deformed feet than the boots. I use a blister plaster on long days which solves that anyway. Otherwise all day, in UK climate or similar, isn't a problem.

The level of protection they provide I thankfully haven't tested yet. However they feel more resilient as any other race type boot that I've either owned or tried on. Feel isn't significantly compromised by the two layer design.

They're shower-proof to a point but not much more. They dry out reasonably quickly though as you can take them apart and put the inner sock on a warm radiator without issue.

In short, I'm pleased with my purchase (NEC 2015 - £280 ISTR).

#2 Bumpkin, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Super comfy boots and worth every penny!.. just go easy on the draw strings to the inner boot as I've had two pairs snap and have to go back to AS in Italy to be repaired...

• Like Like x 2
  4. I'll keep my vented Smx plus ones for super warm days and I have a pair of gortex smx 5 boots for Rainy days so these would be the primary pair but not the only option.

5. I've got a pair and as said above they're mega comfortable

Probably the benchmark in comfort in my opinion once they're worn in.

Mine are black white and red

IMG_0897.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Take some bedding in but are then all day comfortable. On my second pair after crashing in first pair with the bike landing on my foot and no injuries. To my foot anyway. When the present set wear out I will replace them with the same

7. Supertech have always been a great boot, comfort is an interesting metric as they are a full race boot so aren't exactly designed for walking but I understand that on the bike they do exactly what they should! I went for SMX Plus Goretex and they are great, I'm really happy with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I love them, since switching to Supertechs a few years back nothing else I've tried even compares in on or off bike comfort.

Worth every penny

9. Having broken an ankle / leg badly some years ago, I've had trouble finding a boot comfortable enough to fit with me, these are by far the best I've had, and I've tried loads on.

10. I use these for my track boots as well, I've recently bought a new pair for next year. I've crashed in them a few times and they are not marked. Super comfy and very well made. Sidi are probably tougher but they are too narrow for my foot and no where near as comfy. Alpinestars seem to always be better fitting than anything else for me. I use their SMX plus on the road bike as the Supertechs are not very nice for walking around in.

#10 Monners, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  11. Ordered some this morning :grinning:

12. I've got the SMX Plus and the Supertech R boots. When ordering the Supertechs I'd buy them in 1 size smaller than your SMX plus' as the Supertechs run a little bigger. I wear size 45 in the SMX plus and 44 in the Supertechs and they fit perfect.

13. Hi, I'm now on my second pair having crashed twice in my first pair. Really impressed that my feet were uninjured. Would highly recommend.

14. Hmm that's a tricky one cause I have 44 smx plus ones and they're the perfect size for me with thick socks in which I like, and then I have the smx 6s in a 45 for super thick socks for commuting in the rain and winter. I'll have to wait for the 44s to show up and see how they fit.

15. I've had mine for about 6 years at least.
    Really comfortable and feel like they give good protection with the separate inner boot.

70mph low side at Cadwell 1 week after getting them, shrugged it off with only marks on the armour parts. My feet were fine.

When the soles wore through after 4 years I sent them off to alpinestars and got them re soled. Still going strong.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information