1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diavel Surely Not? For An Exhaust!.....

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Lel Howard, Apr 17, 2017.

1. i am currently looking for a Diavel and noticed the different exhausts, I of course first went on YouTube to hear them. I then went on eBay for prices....

The price of the termignoni is just ridiculous at 3 times the cost of Remus or Werkes!!!

Surely they are not that much better?.....

2. The Termignoni comes with a replacement dedicated ECU which the Remus and Werkes do not. Having a Diavel in the family with a titanium Termignoni and looking at every Diavel we meet to compare, IMO, yes it is much better. Andy

3. Ah, ok, so effectively it's exhaust with remap.... still, £1000 for the remap part seems a lot ;)

I have seen a few bikes for sale with this exhaust so it's really down to should I hold out for one with I guess....

4. Just an observation/passing comment ..........if you really want Termis then you'll pay the price. If you don't want to pay the price then you can have something else. Simples.

5. Aesthetics is an awful thing because individual taste differs wildly. I choose the look as more important than performance because the standard Diavel has enough torque to give you very sore arms if you really want to ride a naked bike that fast. There are a variety of exhausts available at several price points, you need to decide how important the looks are to you within your budget. A few words of caution, you only get what you pay for, I am told that the Zard is a challenge to fit and IME Mivv are cheap for a reason. Andy

6. I must admit, i do. like how due to being so short it shows the rear wheel more.... definitely better than the standard one which blocks the view

7. Each to their own & there are a number of options at different prices. Remus, Arrow and Akrapovic also provide silencers for the Diavel. Another option to address fuelling is to use a Rexxer remap or similar, and this can be combined with a variety of aftermarket exhausts.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I've heard good things about the Racefit can, with a Rexxar remap. You'd get it all sorted for less than £750.

Be warned, very loud, the example I was given, "as loud as a Desmo on full race pipes"

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. But is that road legal? Race cans tend not to be due to how loud they are

10. I doubt any aftermarket can will be road legal. The company is called Race Fit, they do make exhausts for race bikes, but, also make loads of exhausts for road bikes. As do many of the exhaust companies.

If you are worried about being road legal, then keep the standard cans. Even the slip on Termi can that you see many Diavel advertised with, is not strictly street legal.

11. Just need to find the right bike now :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. They are out there, with deals to be done. I just had my Diavel delivered last week. Didn't get too far due to family / Easter / weather etc, but, what time I did have on the bike, I just think its awesome.

13. I do have my eye on one up north and they deliver anywhere in the U.K. For £99.... just has standard exhaust....

Trying to find the right combination of price, miles, colour, exhaust... but I'll try to be flexible if it ticks most of the boxes.

I'm amazed at just how many there are for sale, more than I expected.

14. [QUOTE="I'm amazed at just how many there are for sale, more than I expected.[/QUOTE]

They have been a very popular bike since launch, as such there are quite a few used ones, and deals to be done.

15. They have been a very popular bike since launch, as such there are quite a few used ones, and deals to be done.[/QUOTE]

But weirdly I haven't seen many on the road.... maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. The black effect Diavel-R exhaust is coated by Zircotec oxford, using their ceramic endurance treatment. Removes heat faster & looks brilliant after a simple jet wash.

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Is that the one that looks like the normal one but in flat black?

18. I have found one from a Honda dealer, 2012, 12,000 miles, Remus exhaust.... £10,000...... hmmmmm..... tempted to buy this one

19. With this service history:
    1st 815 miles 24/05/2012 2nd 3300 3rd 4316 miles 14/11/2013 4th 7353 miles 20/09/2014 all at Woods motorcycles and 5th SMC 8215 miles on 21/01/16

I'm assuming next service must be due soon?

20. Due a service, keep in mind that at 5 years, the service includes the belts, so not just a cheap oil service.

Belt service could be £350 or more.

If the dealer offers to service it for you before you buy it, insist on seeing evidence that the belts have been done.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information