1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taken The Plunge

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by RearGunner, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Cables that actually transmit the power of your battery to the starter without it all being lost on resistance on the way.
    Transforms the way the bike starts. Best money I've spent on my bike by a mile

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Another vote for the Exact Start kit from @Exige as it transformed my 749. After winter I went out day before yesterday and cranked it and she fired right up. No optimate or anything has been connected over winter, that's just as she stood.

It sounds like we're all pimping this kit? We are. It's ace. I was expecting an incremental improvement but it changed my bike completely.

• Like Like x 1
  3. :Angelic:

:upyeah:

4. Hello and welcome into the mad house

Pics of bins and bikes are the law around here so stop stroking and get snapping :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Did you use a car battery? :worried: Hope not as I thought that the difference in Amps between a car battery and bike battery will do more harm than good

6. I've stopped stroking now so here's a pic......
    IMG_2734.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  7. You have worn a bit of red paint off :)

8. That could be a smudge ;)

9. :tearsofjoy:

10. Looks like the levers may be non-standard ( my Brembo ones were silver ) and you have a carbon cover for the can complete with Termignoni stickers.
    Do the tail pipes fill the holes in the carbon cover??

11. How can I identify if it's a termi can?

12. The tail pipes on termis are more oval than the origionals

DSC02679.JPG

13. Looks like yours. IMG_2737.JPG

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Probably but mine look like that and it isn't a Termi.

Mine is a cored standard can with Termi sized tail-pipes.

You need to look underneath to see if you have riveted steel straps around the can. If you have, it's a Termi.

15. Yes riveted straps and it says 'for racing use only'

16. Termignoni

17. An update on my new/old 999, managed to do about 15 miles round the Helmshore TT in the dry and apart from having to get used to riding a sports bike again felt great.. smooth power delivery from low rpm poss due to a power commander and feels planted at higher speeds. It feels like I'm on a real thorough bred especially when I look down at the yoke and framework. Plenty of puch...and the noise is superb.
    Since then went to start it up and the neutral light wasn't illuminating which was causing no response from the starter switch, so I reconnected the neutral wire securely bike started but with engine warning light on, I've tried disconnecting the battery to reset the light but no joy so hoping it will clear next time I go for a ride...
    Has anyone else had the same problem?

18. Not heard of the neutral light causing problems.
    @Derek??

19. Went for a 100 mile ride yesterday light went out as soon as I got going..
    999 never missed a beat..

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information