1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tank

Discussion in 'D16 Desmosedici RR' started by Nervy, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Hi You Lot,

How are your things? Yeah? I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe get some cream?

Anyway, back to me. I was thinking of getting some spare fairings and making my D16 into a rep of the winter test bikes- you know, all matte black and understated, but still obviously the bike of a show off with a big fat head. However, I don't want to respray my tank as I'd like to just be able to switch them around according to my ever changing whim/ levels of boredom/ need to hide in the shed, so does anyone know of a place I might be able to get hold of a tank, please? Obviously, I also want to add the word 'cheaply' here too, but I know that won't wash, so how about I say 'cost-effectively'? That any good?

Anyway, help, please, thanks.

Look. I know this is a dull thread, and for that I'm sorry. If it helps I did an amusing face the entire time I typed it. Like, very amusing. You're welcome.

Hope you're all etc,
    N.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. While you are looking for your 'cheap' or even 'cost effective' D16RR tank, take a look for some of these. :)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Quiet you.

4. Cheapest option get one made probably.

5. There was one on eBay recently which kept getting relisted. It was about £1k iirc.

6. But where would I find all the unobtanium?

7. Do you think he might be interested in low-level banter in lieu of payment?

8. Whats the standard tank made of?

9. Stolen Nazi gold, according to the manual.

10. No chance of getting that now since 23rd June.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. I have a spare tank, but plan to modify it for larger capacity - if I ever get around to it.

If you're going down the matt route, why not just wrap it?

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Yeh, wrap it (and the thread) :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. And yet no one wrote THAT on the side of a bus.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Show off.

Will wrapping it destroy the paint underneath you reckon? I'm guessing since its custom painted it's maybe not as hardy as a Sky Broadband Vauxhall Vivaro.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. I'll wrap you if you're not careful.

16. Well - takes one to know one!!!!

It shouldn't do any damage at all if done properly...... Caveat Emptor

17. See? Even your sign-off is showy. My only comfort is I bet you got teased a lot at school with a name like Caveat. They can't have been easy conditions.

^ cmon. Two jokes for the price of one. Surely that's worth a go on your tank?

18. Show-offy, perhaps, daft - not!!!

Tank is a keeper fella!!

Try and contact Tom Irvine. He can obtain unobtainium.....

19. Who and where is a Tom Irvine? I've just sent you a mail, by the way.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information