1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Termi Ecu Question

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Oly, Jan 29, 2017.

1. if a termi can is fitted to a 1200r without the ecu will it be ok?
    I really only want the sound from the cans, but I also don't want to have the engine running badly.
    I have seen cans at £800-£900 but with no ecu , is it risky?

2. if the catalytic converter is before the end cans it won't make any difference. If you want to change the whole system, including the air box, my guess is that it wouldn't run to its full potential. If that's the way you're going You could always get your ecu re mapped by a Ducati dealer. This is what I have on my multi, and it runs and sounds fine.

3. I think the pipes are wider on the r Than the s, hence you don't need a full
    System. Not sure where the cat is? Just don't want to fit the end cans and damage the engine,

4. You only get end cans on 1200R but with the ECU done, it is smoother and runs better a lower revs

5. Can you get the ecu separately? Or maybe a 2nd hand ecu?

6. Cats are in the silencers. It's not an ECU swap but uses the upmap key. I'd try and get a complete set rather than just the cans. More money but better results. Do it right, do it once.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Good advice as always @nelly. Andy

8. Yep, as the others say, it's an ECU flash using a laptop at the dealer. You get the old mappings on a stick to keep for if you take the Termi's off and revert to standard cans

9. So could you buy the cans and then talent to
    A dealer and get them to flash the ecu?
    If so how much would they charge?

10. It's all included in the price for the cans etc.

I suppose, if they had previously downloaded the mapping for another M1200R, then they 'could' flash yours (price = whatever they feel Ok I guess)

I'd assume they would need an authorisation code etc so that they could only download as per what has been paid for (otherwise open to abuse)

I think you need the dealer software to be able to connect / communicate and flash the new mapping though. Not something to try 'having a go at'

Or if you have a REALLY good relationship with a dealer ;-)

11. The map is held on the upmap key. When used its coded to the bike. One use only. If the key is used to put the mapping back to stock, then the key can be used on another bike.
    Dealers don't have the facility to simply download the map. It has to be done with the key and they aren't available separately.
    If you don't have the key then you need to look at aftermarket ECU flashing to correct the fuelling.
    Note though, that this could have an adverse effect on your warranty.

• Like Like x 1
  12. So why as there so many termi cans for sale
    New on eBay And none of them come with the maps?

13. I ran my 999 base with termi half system for 5yrs/30,000m with std ecu no problem ran fine. That was how i bought it. Checked ecu when i put dp filters in and got ecu flashed to correct map. Theres a couple of guys on here do ecu flash.

14. Fair point, need to start saving

15. Cans are easy to remove, the map needs dealer diagnostic tool. Owners, dealers can't be arsed but sell the cans for a bit of pocket money.

16. Couldn't you just take it to hilltop or another reputable chap and have a roper bespoke map applied for your bike , which would be considerably better than the one on the USB stick from Ducati ?

17. The 1200R is a dedicated kit as mentioned above. Not sure cans will swap over, but the mapping is definatley different. Drop me a pm about a new one if you like and i'll see if I can do a deal ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information