1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Termi Full System

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by GaryO, May 30, 2016.

1. I still think the 1200enduro race system will work on the 1200dvt. I will upload images of mine when it comes & speculate some more..

2. ;)

#22 Hyperextended, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
  3. yes, it can.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Damn you Gary!

Just ordered mine, gets fitted on the 29th!

• Like Like x 3
  5. ;)

#25 Hyperextended, Jun 16, 2016
  6. got the full termi on mine.
    Took it to Geoff at Hilltop for a remap of the ecu, take out all the emission dips, and he said it was running so lean it would have knackered the engine in a few years! Now got a silky smooth throttle, slight increase with hp but significant increase with torque. Fantastic!
    bangs and pops - love em!

7. Was that with the factory re-map?

8. ;)

#29 Hyperextended, Jun 17, 2016
  9. yep - 2016 bike. S model

• Like Like x 1
  10. ;)

#31 Hyperextended, Jun 17, 2016
  11. not cheap! 350 for the first bike then if you go back with a second, or keep going back with other bikes in future I think he does a deal for 250

12. Obviously there is also the matter of whether a dealer might consider the warranty null and void if somebody else has messed around with the ECU mapping, but what Geoff does is not visible or traceable to any dealer on any bike (at least that's what he tells me!!)

13. Can I smell fish :rolleyes:

14. went to have my new RT done yesterday - same story - increase of 17 Ft/lb torque and 10 bhp, much better fuelling, smoothness of throttle all massively improved!!
    Spoke with Geoff a bit more about the kit he has and the process of what he does and how it works. I did see that there are lots of other dealerships out there with a similar bit of dyno kit. The critical bit of what he does is applying the rewriten map software for the individual bike, apparently something he has been working on for years. So it's not the kit itself which is unique necessarily, but the mapping software which he has written. What's also unique is the way that he stores this within the bikes memory so firstly it is not seen by a dealer and secondly it's never overwritten

15. Hmmm...excuse the scepticism here. The Ducati ECU is locked down by Ducati, so only their computers can unlock to change anything e.g. mapping, accessories etc etc. specifically to prevent this sort of thing being done. Hence having to visit the dealer to get them to install the Termi upmap rather than just plugging in a key as previously (which would make it easy to intercept the signals to/from the key and reverse-engineer the comms protocol).

So this other kit would need to change the mapping "on top" of the map already in the ECU i.e. by adjusting the signals coming from the ECU to the injectors, TPS etc. and going back the other way. This would suggest an additional box which plugs into the ECU, and the ECU loom connector then goes into that additional box.

The alternative would be that this chap has somehow cracked Ducati's encryption to replace the existing map with a new one, while keeping the map revision number and not incrementing the flash counter.

I'm genuinely interested how he's done this. The Rexxer guys seem to have gone down the reverse-engineering route to decrypt the comms and allow them to install their maps, but they replace the existing map, and don't go "on top".

EDIT: maybe he's just using a Rexxer unit?

16. I'll put all that to him and see what he says, and post his reply

• Like Like x 1
  17. mine too. Had the Termi system in since day one (which was only Saturday 18th June) :)

18. Interested to see if this can be done on the DVT.
    I have tuneboy on my '14 GT with auto blip and quick shift. Rode the DVT today and this addition would seal the deal for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Hi Gary, The bike looks great.

Where did you source the 42T sprocket and carrier (I'm assuming the carrier isn't standard)?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information