1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Termi's Not Loud ??

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by DucRod, Aug 20, 2016.

1. I have a termis fitted to the 749 I have only had it for a week but the bike I quiet pretty and rides great it has some issues which I will address but the termi does not sound very loud any thoughts ?

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. It will most likely be the original stock legal end can and not the open (race) version. Andy

3. Is there a way to tell ?

4. Race use only stamped on the underside.

5. Will check asap.

6. Full 57mm Termi (with distinctive 'banana' shaped pipes) is seriously loud. And I mean SERIOUSLY. the 54mm (?) asymmetric Termi is between the two.

7. 57mm Termi are 102 db for race with for race use only on the underside which you can see when you look under and the sound is just about on par with a harly

8. That was the official spec, was it? I put a dB meter on mine - 1m range, 45° off-axis: 107dB!

9. My 57mm full system on 749R was measured at 107dB too.
    Loud, raspy...lovely.

• Like Like x 1
  10. thats what they call it the 102db that will be for the race tracks you might get it higher with a different air filter not had a db on mine but think mine might be higher

11. Yeah, the R with a full 57mm is a beast of an altogether different nature, isn't it? :)

12. What would a decored standard pipe be roughly?

13. well it sounds like I have the quitter pipes as it is a Termi Assy system but it doesn't matter because I can only hear the clutch lol

• Like Like x 3
  14. That can be fixed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. just had a meter on mine and its labled as a 102db race and it was from 107+110db on tick over

• Like Like x 1
  16. Maybe mine are loud been out to the local bike met tonight and my mates words are " Don't need a horn on that I can hear it behind me booming away" result!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Anybody ever cored a standard termi? I'd like mine louder aswell without buying the race system, although I'd bloody love to

18. The full systems aren't really louder than a slip-on, if not the opposite...

19. Is there anyway to make the slipon louder mate? Is coring an option?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information