1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Termi's Not Loud ??

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by DucRod, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Probably the only option :)

2. Have you ever done it or know anybody that has?

3. As stated check for the stamped FOR RACE USE ONLY on the lower rear of the box. Also compare the two pictures, small exhaust outlet is oem, 2nd picture shows a 57mm termi-much bigger outlets s-l1600[4].jpg

s-l1600[5].jpg

4. Yep

5. No, my skills are limited to opening and tightening bolts - usually the wrong way at first try :Blackeye:

6. Any pics and info on how mate?

7. Some in this thread
    http://ducatiforum.co.uk/index.php?threads/47054/

@dorsetdesmo and a couple of others have done it too. Everyone seems to take a slightly different approach.

Mine cost £100 to welder and about £50 in bits + the end can. I did mine so from the outside it looks completely OEM. Should keep the noise track friendly.

I also got mid section decat.

Do some googling and you should find some threads.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. So I take it u just take everything out and weld back up so basics it's a shell that's left?

9. No. I bought 3x500mm lengths of perforated tubing in decreasing diameters. 65mm, 55mm 45mm or there abouts. This was welded together to make 2 tubes that went straight from the wide intakes to the smaller outlets. They were both wrapped in wading and then packed with more exhaust packing. Then the top welded back on.

My way means the final exhaust part is the same as standard. Others have cut the End part out too and made larger ports.

If you weld it back up empty it will make a right noise, certainly above 102db so not track friendly.

Not had mine measured yet.

10. If you have a straight through exhaust with perforated tubes running straight from front to back, you can make it louder by using exhaust joint lubricant/sealant to block the perforations. The longer the section you block, the louder it will get.

Don't ask me how I know this, officer... :)

11. Is there anywhere I could send it to get cored as it's abit to much for me to do. Long shot I know lol

12. You can do this without even taking the can off the bike, although I suspect it would be better for flow if you were to do it from the intake end.

13. I have a 749R with full Termi system -57mm and it's not loud either. From memory it passed the 102db limit at Spa

Do Not Sell My Personal Information