1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Test Rides......

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by steeve, Feb 18, 2017.

1. X

#1 steeve, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2017
  2. Do you work for DUK?

3. Of course it's ok. I just wondered if it was a "subliminal " advertising strategy by DUK that I didn't know about :p

4. Jeez........so do we otherwise you'll never stop bleating about it :p ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. I had 30mins on a base version at Colchester roadshow. Nice enough but didnt really get me excited. Because it was a marshalled ride with about 10 other bikes I told the guy to leave it in (mid)touring mode. Mistake, it was a bit lame not helped by a tinny sounding exhaust. I tried to switch it up to sport mode but couldnt sort it. It handles well enough but I didnt feel part of the bike, the tank and dash are a lot further away than Im used to, the seat slopes forward and stops you from sitting further back.
    The motor seemed a bit vibey and was popping back on overun but had less than 400 miles on it so might improve. For me the jury's still out, it didnt feel like a Ducati. I'll have another go on one when the demos are in store next month. Here's a pic of my mate sitting on it. IMG_5167.JPG

6. Well I had put a deposit down on a white S
    Finally got my test ride today and decided it wasn't for me
    Liked
    Dqs , felt really smooth , both up and down
    Suspension , ohlins felt really plush and planted , even at speed.slightly better than the electronic ohlins on the mt10
    Wind protection was surpringly good.
    Didn't like:
    It felt flat compared to the multi , I knew it would but I expected it to be closer , you really had to wring its neck and at that rev range it was very buzzy , in both your hands and feet and it rendered the mirrors useless.
    Awful cheap clutch
    Tinny sound
    I was concerned the power would be an issue and unfortunately for that was the case , it's very similar to an mt07 tracer or a cbr 600 sort of bike , except a lot more money
    It is a reasonably nice bike to ride but it's just not for me
    Order cancelled

7. I'm about to have a test ride this week, I put a deposit down on the 3rd of December for a S model and the dealer is telling me it will be August before delivery, so Ducati must be selling every Supersport they make with a wait list that long.

8. well I just cancelled mine , take that one :)

9. I took one for a test ride on Saturday. It was very much as I expected.
    Riding position very nice for the road - less weight through the wrists.
    Handling very precise. Once up to speed it is eerily quiet compared to my Hyper (Termi Exhaust) which I didn't like.
    As Fatbob99 said above the mirrors vibrate so much they are rendered useless.
    It is like a 600 sportsbike - you have to work it. Some will find this more engaging others will claim a lack of power.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information