1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

939 SP Testing The Water...

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Cottonbreath, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Hi folks,

Still not bonding with my recently purchased 2016 Hypermotard 939 SP - really not feeling it.

Thinking of possibly selling, still not made my mind up, but could do with a bit of advice as to the sort of price I should be asking if I go ahead. The dealers are offering silly money. I paid £13088 with few extras fitted (engine guard, carbon headlight fairing & clear tank pad)

Realistically, what is it worth?
    Had first service today. Mileage stands at 720 and will have a new rear tyre soon (got home after service to find nail in tyre)

Cheers
    R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. What are you thinking of instead?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

3. Don't know at present. Might wait until next year and see what's about.

4. Another duc or not liking the v twins?

5. Very doubtful. I'm sure they're brilliant bikes to some but not me...

6. Probably not what you want to hear but they take a while... My first hyper was like that.... Second one kind of the same but when I sold it really missed it..... 3rd you'll be prizing out of me..!

7. I'm still on the fence....might keep it. But it's currently a 60/40 leaning more towards selling.

Any ideas what it could be worth?

8. No idea... I'm hazzarding about 12.5 to 13k?

9. Perhaps an aftermarket pipe... Make it growl a bit more...

10. Thought about that but there's more money, then the remap..

I do actually like the stock can sound. Not too loud but not too quiet, only thing is it looks like a trombone

11. Yep.....that could be construed as part of the fun though!

12. Dunno, think there's too many things that would need changing for me to get on with it...

13. Yep.... The reason i got mine... Heavily modified already.... Still room for me to do stuff to it.... But to me maintenance is half the fun!

14. Looks wise (excluding the exhaust) it's perfect, I'm just really not bonding with it.
    Think its a case of the bike or rather Ducati been over 'hyped' as a brand. I really don't see what is so good about them.
    This bike in particular only has looks on its side. Mechanically it's a disappointment to be honest....

15. Yep... I know what you mean... After all I've got an 1100 with less than 100bhp with an engine that looks like it came out of a lawnmower.... But, it's the way that it does it... Nothing beats the shove that it's got... Maybe that's lost on the newer ones..

16. I'm into modding bikes and doing this n that to them but for what this cost, it should be right out of the box with the customer only having to do odds n sods to suit ones taste/looks etc etc.
    It seems with this bike/Ducati that the customer has to spend vast amounts of money to even get it to a rideable state, effectively finishing off Ducatis job for them.
    It's half arsed, well to me anyway.
    It's on a par with something someone's built in a pig shed

17. Instead of the £13k price tag, I'd say in all honesty it should have been retailed for more the £7/8k mark, so basically that Ducati sticker on the tank makes up the other £5/6k

18. Anyway, I don't want to slag them off, it wasn't why I posted. It might be me that's crap, not the bike, and I appreciate many on here, have no problem with thier Ducati

19. Maybe not that cheap but yes, too much for a supermoto... I'd have said 10k max....i think it depends on the person... I have a mate with a zzr1440 at work and has not done a thing to it from new..... If i bought say an r1m tomorrow I'd tear out the whole front brake system...

20. Totally agree, everyone's different and so is every bike.
    Finding 'that' bike is all part of the experience.
    Sadly for me, it ain't this one.
    Gonna get the tyre replaced then may see if anyone out there is interested in a nearly new SP!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information