1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Best Bat?

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Lumbux, Feb 24, 2016.

1. So I have decided to give the 750 a year off and give the 400 a good run out. As the 400 was without a battery I moved the 750's bat over. But the cold weather has killed it, it is 4 years old. So looking about I can see three options, one is the cheap arse lead acid, next is the middle of the road gel filled afair and last is the lithium ones. Any one changed to the lithium ones and if so dose the charging system need any mods as I know they have special chargers as I use them in my RC cars. You can also get a blue tooth system so you can keep an eye on the battery health on your phone, what will they think of next!

2. Hi Lumbux, I fitted a motobat gel battery to my 900 early last year and its been excellent, cranking faster from cold and never seems to loose any power, however it is quite a bit heavier than a standard lead acid.

3. About to put a Shorai Lithium into my project bike. 2Kg weight saving. I'll report back on starting prowess etc..

I've got a MotoBatt in my road 900 and its performed brilliantly.

4. Yuasa absorbed glass mat.
    Perfect performer. Not as light as lithium of course but much more bulletproof and combined with a cable kit from @Exige it will spin your motor like never before.

5. I have had a Battery Tender brand lithium battery in my DRZ for 2 years now, so far so good sits for weeks and so far works fine. Spins faster than the old battery and I have not run it down so far when I get in trouble in the woods.

6. Ballistic Evo 2 lithium saved me 3kg and it is starting an 1100 SS IE. So it should be Ok with a piddly little 400!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks people, will go for the lithium I think as Mr rich pointed out I will need all the help I can get. Is "trouble in the woods" something we should be worrying about grandpa or is it a US thing!! Thanks again

8. Keep us posted about how it works out. I'm sure there are a lot of people who'd like to try one but are still nervous of the technology, which hasn't acquired a solid reputation as yet.

10. Nothing like Deleverance, just stalled out, crashed or stuck.

11. been running a shorai lithium for 3+ years. stock reg-rec. works fantastic all year

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information