1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 The Best Touring Screen

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by DREVIL, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Yes, its a different screen only fitted to the Grantourismo model .... its higher wider at the top and tinted unlike the other screens in the model range....... you can see the difference between pikes peak, standard and GT on this pic

[​IMG]

this shows the height a bit better between the normal and GT

[​IMG]

2. Yes that is considerably taller I suppose the answer is to have both screens to cover for any situation !!

3. Well I tried the Puig touring, a bit better for wind blast but no better for noise. I reckon it's not wide enough - does anyone make winglets or a wider screen?

4. I tried many variations on my DVT to try to get rid of the wind noise which I am particularly sensitive to. I use foam ear plugs but for me that rumble is always there. I also tried the MRA x-creen adaptor on the top at various angles on the stock screen but it didn't make any difference for me either. It's very subjective depending on rider position, height and even type of jacket worn making a difference.

Anyway, the best screen for me ended up being the small Pikes Peak carbon screen. Takes the wind off my chest but keeps the helmet in clean smooth air. With my Shoei XR-1100 it's the quietest and least turbulent option that I could find.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Has anyone tried the Palmer Products screen spacer that pushes the screen out and puts it at a steeper angle?

6. I have three screens. My GT came with the touring (GT) screen, which is a massive thing, much too warm for me in the warm weather. I bought the Puig racing screen for summer use (love it) and am running the Puig touring screen now in the winter. I might try the factory touring screen again now that it is winter and cold/wet. I've never tried the standard factory screen. The Puig screens look beautiful, for what that's worth, much more so than a couple of the US made screens that look like barn doors.

I'm 6' 3" and long torso and arms, so I sit up pretty high.

There's a lot of variables here, including helmet, driver's height, and what you've after from a screen. Some riders want quiet and calm air, others want a blast in the chest.

7. I was thinking that. No experience of them on a Multi but I've got one on my KTM and its by far the most effective screen I've tried and the best made. No thrumming, no turbulence and doesn't scratch easily.
    http://palmerproducts.co.uk/

8. I have just ordered the Puig Touring with the Visor, will let you know if it's any better.

9. Thinking about getting the wunderlich flip attachment , got a gt screen which in the most part is fine , just the wind noise gets a pain after a while , not sure if the puig screen would be any better ?at 6ft2 just seem to always catch the dirty air.

10. I'm slowly cutting bits off the original screen, it's now 40mm lower than a puig sport screen, I'm trimming the top corners a bit more to try and take the wind off my shoulders. I'm 5 feet eleven, it's getting better all the time.
    Once I'm happy I will trim the puig screen to suit.

11. Hi, yes I have the givi Touring screen and it’s perfect, I’m 6’1 and it’s completely removed any buffeting and greatly reduced any wind noise.

12. I have the screen spacer and an MRA varioscreen. The way it looks is a matter of taste, but it does the job for me. I'm 6ft tall with the comfort seat on the high setting.
    I find it acceptably quiet and completely free of any buffeting. Strangely if it's really hot, lifting the screen to it's highest setting works really well because of the good flow of air under the screen. I also ordered the accessory bar, it's the only way I've found of mounting a zumo 590 on a locking mount without it vibrating so much you can't see it.

13. Just to add to the possible screen options :eek:.

I have just fitted the Puig short racing screen (the 7622 H Version) to my 1260
    https://puig.tv/en/tuning-motos/windscreens-for-fairing-bikes/racing-screen?bike=20922

This is very good for short trips and great in the hot weather of late as you get lots of airflow and lots of flies on the visor! Very little turbulence but some on the motorway when overtaking trucks etc. short lived but still there. You do need earplugs and a quiet helmet (mine is a C3 Pro) to be comfortable. I wouldn't use this screen on long European trips on its own - BUT - I then fitted the Wunderlich deflector to it and that has resulted in the perfect screen - well it is for me!

I found the Wunderlich deflector good on a previous Touring screen but overall it was too high and obscured forward vision. On a short screen it is positioned just right with good airflow and no flies on the visor. Result!

• Like Like x 2
  14. I'm giving the Eagle Screens deflectors a try on my 2011 Multi, bought them last year, great service from Eagle http://www.eaglescreens.com.au/?productcats=ducati but not had chance to try them properly yet due to a SMIDSY broken shoulder!! Will try them out over the next few months & let you all know how well they work.

15. has anyone tried screen spacers with a 2015> pp carbon screen?

16. Ive got a 2013 2014 GT screen for sale, its wider and taller

17. In the end I went for the Givi touring screen it looks spot on without being obtrusive and keeps the worst of the weather off.
    But because of the wind noise not wind blast I finally went for a set of moulded ear plugs from "Mercury Hearing" their located at Faygate which is between Horsham and Crawley. The best thing is they cut the wind noise but you can still hear your comms through the speakers in your lid.
    Happy Days :cool:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information