1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Bikes That Pose A Challenge To Ducati In 2013

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by Ducati News, Jan 5, 2013.

1. 2013-hypermotard.jpg

2013 has only just begun however we are already taking about some of the bikes that are going to be big this year. It might be crazy to start talking about this now - we are, after all, only 5 days into the year however it is worthwhile to have a look at the bikes, including Ducati's new offerings, that will be making the headlines in 2013.

Honda CB500F, CB500X and CB500R

Honda haven't been messing about recently and the release of three new version's of their CB500 series shows that they mean business this year. While the CB500F, CB500X and CB500R may not be the most technology advanced or cutting edged of models, that doesn't mean that they aren't fun to ride. The fact that all three are not too powerful has led some analysts to predict that their is a high chance that they will do very well in 'emerging markets' (Asia especially) means that it could be a very good year for Honda in this regard.

Vespa 946

Vespa does well by living off its brand and iconic appeal and it is predicted that the new 946, which is inspired by the MP6, is going to do well because of this. That being said, it looks like a tidy bike as well; a 125cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke engine is among the highlights of this nippy bike. It also comes with traction control and ABS which, in safety terms, puts it ahead of some of its competitors. Whether or not it has the potential to become bike of the year is debatable however the brand and the features of the 946 certainly give it a fighting chance.

MV Agusta Rivale 800 and Brutale 800

The biggest Italian competition for Ducati this year comes from MV Augusta and their Brutale 800 and Rivale 800 series. They both come with 800cc engines and the Brutale is especially going to give other bikes a run for their money with its technological features, power modes and traction control. The Rivale is seen as more a direct competitor for the new Ducati Hypermotard; 125hp and a slimline design should see it gain a very commanding market base.

BMW R1200GS

The last competitor we see for the Bike of the Year 2013 is the BMW R1200GS. It is highly anticipated as being one of the bikes to watch out for this coming year and its liquid-cooled GS, ASC, ABS and the dynamic electronic suspension adjustment are all features that is sure to put the R1200GS right near the top of most peoples' list.

Ducati Hypermotard 821 and Hyperstrada

So, what of Ducati? What does it have to offer in 2013? Its two new models, the Hypermotard 821 and Hyperstrada could give any bike on this list a challenge. With 821cc and a liquid-cooled V-Twin engine, the 821 certainly packs a punch. The Hyperstrada is more of a hybrid and combines the best features of the Hypermotard and Multistrada lines.The sensible pick would be the Hyperstrada however both have 3 riding modes and good ergonomics in addition to a powerful four-valve-per-cylinder engine.

Ducati has some major competition in 2013; most notably from MV Augusta. However with its two new models and a brand name that continues down the ages then it would be smart to put your money on Ducati doing very well come the end of 2013.

2013-hypermotard.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. If my numbers come up I'll be putting a deposit down on a 1290 Superduke...

3. what he said ?/\/\

4. You have missed a real contender.

Yum!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Alright if you like tractors I suppose.

6. There is also the Capanord

[​IMG]

Great things also being said about the updated FJR1300 although I'm not sure which Duc it would challenge. Multi GT perhaps?

[​IMG]

And the 675R

[​IMG]

7. take your point Fig but will the Duke engine be that much different? I'm mechanically challenged so haven't a clue but it looks like KTM are just at the beginning stage of "doing a Ducati"

8. I quite like the look of the Caponord, actually. But I don't get the whole adventure bike thing, even though I've got a Multistrada.

9. You are all wrong it has to be the 125cc Vespa with traction control. Talking about overkill.

10. Have you ever ridden in Rome? The streets are paved with olive oil...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yes and no one takes notice of any traffic rules so they are all about to die anyhow.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Well, for me it has to be Brutale 800. I think MV is a big threat and they seem to be doing quite a few things right.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I am seriously tempted with the new MV Augusta F4RR. Always wanted an Augusta but have been put off by reliabilitiy stories, this new boy is seriously tempting though. As an addition to my Pani S, though, not a replacement.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information