1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ducati Scrambler

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by mattmccabebrown, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Actually it goes far, far deeper than that. You may have a product that you want to compete in a market where you have a smaller share, so it is worth discounting that product to achieve more sales and obtain a greater market share to build your brand. Import duties may also affect prices - this is why Ducati has assembly lines in Brazil and Thailand. There is also perceived brand value where you can charge a premium for a known brand in one country but not another, which ties in with customer loyalty to other brands. It doesn't come down to just one factor.

2. Exactly, I agree with all your points and can't help thinking that's why we get ripped off compared with America, taxes a side, it does appear that way...

3. Was told by my dealer it would be around £7995.00

4. I see Ducati Manchester are e-mailing customers for £250 deposits (returnable) but no price yet...
    £8K would diminish the waiting list into spring, then £6,500 sell off at the close of next year?

5. The initial ticket price will need to build in enough provision to fund all the subsequent warranty claims, don't forget. So add £1K. And leave headroom for a bit of discounting later on. That's another £1K.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Urgh. Do I have to...?! ;-)

Meanwhile - back on topic - the 'Scrambler' seems a dull and uninspiring marketing exercise. What is it for exactly? Posing outside Habitat in your wanky retro waxed jacket & shades?

#46 domRusty, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  7. That and errr, riding I hope :Angelic:

8. Are there any bikes that aren't for posing on? Let's face it, we're all riding Ducatis here and we certainly aren't riding them for their mechanical reliability, cheap servicing and excellent fuel economy!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wonder if there is a cafe racer kit?

10. My thinking/hoping is it'll be like the Diavel, negative press before anyone has actually ridden one and once they have they'll all rave about it.
    Ducati do tend to put out bikes that ride well, is that not what it's for?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Not impressed with the suspension spec. Non adjust forks and preload only rear shock. Very basic for £8k!!!
    Even a non twiddler like me wants a bit of adjustability for 2 up.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information