1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Most Powerful Ducati Naked Of All Time

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by El Toro, Sep 14, 2015.

1. I like it. The rear end looks good! I think it will make a superb road bike with 1098 power in a more comfortable package which is easier to ride. But all the streetfighter fans might not be a huge fan. Shame it hasn't been updated in the sense of quickshifter, but ducati have changed the peg issue and added a gear selecter. Sub 15k I think and look forward to seeing it when it appears in showrooms :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Looks like they've morphed the StreetFighter into the Monster to have a one bike fits both kinda bike.

Useful for those who don't press their outside arm on the tank no doubt.

3. Not enough to make me swap my 1200 s for this one.

4. The Most Powerful Ducati Naked Of All Time

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Now if they'd put a fairing and a proper dual seat on it, they'd have my money - stilling missing a modern ST...

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Well I was mad hoping for a razor sharp Streetfighter but kind of expected something like this. It's going back to the S4R days.

Either way. I'm in. I'll be buying a Monster 1200R at launch. I like it in black. My ideal would be white but I'll take it. I have hype.

7. Have you read PAV438`s post on the possible pani streetfighter nothingfaced?

8. Just found that. I wouldn't be surprised if they had some mules put together as proof of concept and to prototype a Panigale-based naked. Be interested to hear how 'finished' it looked. Does it make sense to release the Monster 1200R and a Panigale supernaked within a short time gap? I'd love it to be true as these are my type of bikes.

9. ??

10. it does look better the more I look at it, but just not sure there is enough extra over the S model that I have. It will be good to see the press reports after the press launch, and definately a test ride when it lands in the dealers.

11. The only extra you need is extra fun. Do you think the extra fun it may deliver would compensate the extra financial burden of acquiring it?

12. Is it 160 at the crank or back wheel? Id say they missed the boat (should have been a panigale based one) they've made it a sporty cruiser, not a true streetfighter - worthy successor to the sf1098...id say no, the 1098 is angry....this is....nice...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Its not a SF replacement its a Monster. Sounds like a naked Pani is on the cards. Full blown superbike power to go against Tuono S1000r etc

14. Ah - well, from what ive been reading this is what its being touted as.....is there more to come??

15. I do believe there very well maybe

16. Why the black fork, gold forks on the s look so much better, a tad disopoined.

#36 nipper, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2015
  17. If it is more fun then yes I will swap, if I can tear myself away from the 1299 panigale! Now a Panigale streetfighter would be some bike!

• Like Like x 1
  18. I like it and will be watching with interest...
    As an aside.....
    Ducati need to have more faith in their products and give more buyer confidence buy introducing a three year warranty...
    Well why not..?

19. Hope the gear change indicator will be a software upgrade for the 1200s??
    Looks like the same screen, different software....

20. Black with a red frame would have been nice...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information