1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Most Powerful Ducati Naked Of All Time

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by El Toro, Sep 14, 2015.

1. is this advertising graphics over substance,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, doesnt really show much,, does it ??

2. i widh i could win the lottery,, then i could buy all the bikes i wanted !!!

3. Having had a go on a 1200S the other week and found it more than perky enough, I think "sporty cruiser" is a bit harsh... the S was bonkers and this is more... Perhaps I *am* getting old... o_O :Bag:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I'm in... where do I sign? Bloody love Scrambling! :D

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  5. Idont doubt the motor is... Its the look...

6. Ahhhhhh... was thinking it was me that's a bit timid! ;)

7. Having said that - while I categorically don't like the front light - the rest of the bike looks ok although the angle of the forks and the length of the swing arm and shortness and angle of the rear tail makes is look like a weight has been applied to the top, pressed down on it and, kind of pushed the wheels outward....could be just the way I see it....also....it should come bundled with a free termi full system period if theyre gonna be charging what I think they are for it.

Afterall why tout something as "the ultimate" when you have to start chopping bits off ie the exhaust to get it to breathe properly...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. It's like the evap cans though, isn't it? It's what they have to do to get it through the reg's. I agree though, if this is a £15k bike then providing it as a "road and track" package with an included riding course, a Termi system (supplied in a wooden crate or some kind of flight case), a works-quality bike stand and a high quality soft cotton dust cover should be the norm. When you buy something like this it should feel like an event to take delivery, and you should be left with a slight feeling of awe. I've long wondered why, for the sake of a few hundred quid less margin, manufacturers don't go this extra mile with their flagships... If they want halo models in the range then this kind of attention would secure that a high-end Ducati is a thing of wonder, rather than seen as "how it should have been built in the first place". IMO.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. And that's not forgetting the fixing that are going to corrode as soon as the thing see daylight....nope, for me, my next acquisition will be a 1100 evo sp hyper - when that is I don't know but ill get one eventually.

10. I'm not sure I would have included the shot of the CCTV camera following it around at 50 seconds. Creepy. Just what we don't need reminding of as we ride a 160 bhp bike - that we are under constant surveillance.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. The Monster 1200R makes an appearance in this weeks MCN. They too state that its highly unlikely we'll see a naked Panigale anytime soon. They also stated that the 1098 Streetfighter was universally disliked. Struck me as odd considering Michael Neeves had one as his long term test bike and sung all sorts of praises about it.

The more I see the M1200R the more I like it. I'm looking forward to it.

12. While im not over the moon on the looks the reviews will be interesting to read.... And watch.... I may be surprised yet... I do hope so.... If the sf1098 was so disliked as they say why does it hold its value so well...?

13. Quite. One of the other mags, Superbike or Fast Bikes, I forget which named the 1098 Streetfighter as their favourite Ducati road bike. I recall quite clearly as I read and collected every review I could of that bike before buying my own.

14. I think personally its one of the best bikes they ever made...

15. Why is there loads of 848's for sale and hardly ever any 1098s....

16. Because they were so expensive! 15k new I think or around that price back in 09 was it ? And there wasn't much of a supernaked market then as there is now

17. Id say its because of the brutalness of the motor in that frame and setup.... If they started production again now they clean up

18. I don't think that they would. I loved the tits off my 1098SF so don't get me wrong but it is a 6-year-old+ bike with old technology. Times have moved on and as much as I genuinely love that bike unless it undercut the current crop of supernakeds on price, hard, it wouldn't sell.

If they modernised it, to the level that the modern supernaked market demands and priced it well, then it would sell. Which brings us full circle I guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. That's kinda what I was getting at - update the dash, add the latest electronics package....maybe revise the engine internals or (shudder to think) the 1299 lump....at the end of the day bhp is bhp no matter what is making it....its doable...I don't think theyre realizing the market that is out there...

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information