1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Mt-10?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Stonesie, May 27, 2016.

1. Oh dear!
    I saw one at the local Yamahahaha dealer and liked it, I don't think the pictures do them any justice and it will fit me better than the Mutly.
    It's a big shame as I have spent a fortune on the Multistrada to try to make it mine but just have not gelled with it, maybe a change of tyres will change it's character more to my liking but I just don't know.

So I had a good chat with the salesman and got an estimate for the Mutly, fed the numbers into the computer and it spat out a figure that would save me £73 a month on PCP over the HP agreement I'm paying now...

I ride it next Friday. He initially said 1 hour but we settled on 2...ish, can't go thrashing the brand new bike so I may be late back. I will see if I can cobble my thoughts together on here if anyone is interested.

• Like Like x 3
  2. The motor I can appreciate but the rest... No... The best description I've read so far is "crashed and repaired by stevie wonder" I've got a new shape z1ooo and it's definitely one of the if not the best all round bike I've ever had.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. The best description I have seen for the front end is a cross between wall-e and Jonny 5.... I loved short circuit as a kid so that might be part of why I kinda like it.
    It should have the handling of my old str with the power and torque of the multistrada... Sounds good to me.

4. To me it looks a mess.... Nothing flows into anything else almost like the designers were given a box of odd fuzzy felt shapes and told "it's only going into production if you use all of it..."

Having said that there's nothing else out there like it so I tip my hat as they've definitely got thier own style... Its just not mine...!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. I think it's an interesting bike and one I'd like to ride, think I'll try and organise a test myself

6. I'm kinda in a nice position with my z in that it's new, goes like fuck, handles, beautifully analog so therefore simple, now it's modded it's really not far behind the current top of the crop (power wise) so, for the first time in my life (from a bike point of view) I'm not desperate or even wanting "the next best thing" and if I want more speed I'll get on my rsv4 and if I want more headbanging I'll use the hyper.

Not sure what anyone else thinks but I will say bikes always look better in the flesh rather than photographed so when ones in fowler I'll definitely take a closer look.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

7. Test Ride cancelled, the man said they were struggling to get it insured... Hmmmm.

I will visit other Yamaha dealers and see what I can come up with.

8. I like it in the pictures, so maybe not in real life :Finger:

9. Other way round for me... Reckon it'll be better in the flesh... I'm thinking positively as it looks like a dogs dinner...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

10. I love the Mt 09. Would be my choice.

11. The thing that puts me off the 09 is the comedy suspension and snatchy throttle, saying that, the new XSR900 is supposed to have the throttle glitch sorted at last so the other 09's should be easily fixed now they've cracked it.

Found a nice ride of the MT-10,

• Like Like x 1
  12. I wish they'd given the MT10 a triple engine. 160 bhp triple with 90+ lb of torque, that's what the doctor ordered. Triumph won't/can't do it. Shame Yamaha didn't.

13. I think the MT-10 is spot on for Yamaha. A decent frame from the R1 with sharper handling for wider bars and that excellent engine. Some decent electronics to provide a safety net which can be turned off.

I'm not a big fan of the Japanese nakeds, they tend to be too soft and not as focussed as Euro nakeds.

From what I've been reading the MT-10 hits the mark though. Well, everything except from the brakes but that's true of the R1 too.

I'd be interested in your thoughts if you manage to get a ride. I don't have a Yamaha dealer within spitting distance or I'd be having a go myself.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Im not worried about the brakes, my Street Triple R had a soft initial bite but was fine and a set of ebc hh pads sharpened them up nicely. A pad swap is not a big deal really.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Had a little tour from J&S Doncaster to CMC Clay Cross, where I couldn't seem to get the salesman to talk about it other than a brief comment about someone having fun, getting right to the edge of the tyre, the Front tyre! and him confirming that the Yoshi Alpha R1 De-cat exhaust system in the display case would fit and only about £100 more than the Akra end can.

So I thought sod it, called into SMC on the way home and they have 2 in, a Race Blu(e) demo and a black one, I ride the demo on Sunday and am booked on J&S's demo for next Friday, all 3 demo bikes that I have seen have been Blue, must be the most popular colour.

• Like Like x 1
  16. What amazes me is that one little topple and that huge coolant tank on the RH side will be the first thing to snap off and leave you stranded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. god its ugly looks half finished

18. I like it.

Probably the only il4 that would interest me due to the big bang motor.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. 210 kg, bit of a fatty.

• Like Like x 1
  20. See if you can find a dealer who will let you try both the 09 and the 10 back to back - I'd be interested to know how they compare. The Tracer (now called Tracer 900) version received particularly good reviews when it was introduced and also supposedly has good fuelling, but it obviously gives away a fair bit of power to the MT-10 and weighs about the same (not sure why it weighs more than the standard MT-09). Sometimes less can be more.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information