1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 The Waiting Is Over

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by dukeman358, Feb 17, 2017.

1. After a failed attempt to change I'm finally swapping my superb 899 for its bigger brother tomorrow :grinning:

• Like Like x 7
  2. Ha back on the mans bike eh ;)

I need to up my game now then o the multi LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. enjoy, wheelie-bins await with baited breath.

4. Your game is fine just wrong bike:grinning:

5. Bigger brother is the 959.... you're getting the Daddy!!!

6. Pics please Kim!!! congrats dude :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. It's been a blast little bike

IMG_0306.JPG IMG_0307.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  8. Yer tis having a sneer at its little brother. Now for some riding
    :grinning:
    IMG_0308.JPG IMG_0309.JPG IMG_0310.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  9. Very nice Kim - enjoy!:):)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Full fat S too! Bad boy Kim :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lovely, I saw you about to ride off, I was driving the blue focus out the car park. Sounds LOUD.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Little run to Goodwood in the sun.

IMG_0311.JPG IMG_0312.JPG IMG_0313.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  13. I have 2 very similar pictures to you....

Old 959 meets new 1299:
    IMG_4271.JPG

Goodwood a week after I collected it!...
    IMG_4272.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  14. Finally got to ride mine today, did 110 miles on her. I'm smitten with it!

• Like Like x 2
  15. I'd be really interested to hear how to the two bikes differ....

16. Physically they feel exactly the same. For me, the 1299 (compared to 959) is more composed (suspension), easier to turn in (lighter wheels), much louder, and ludicrously more powerful! Somehow it is nicer to look at as well.... definitely gives me a bigger grin!

• Like Like x 1
  17. I think pretty much as Jolley has said. The engine is a lot more vibraty (if that's a word) than the silky smooth 899/959. I almost shot off the back of the seat when I opened it up on the road from south Harting to the Chichester road which is known for its...ahem, progress making abilities! Brakes have much more bite not that I used them much with the down shifter it effortlessly allows gentle engine braking. Somehow feels smoother on the bum but that may be down to suspension although I'm not really sure how that works yet. I was in sport mode to Goodwood and then race mode back but hard pushed to really tell the difference on the road. Some really nasty potholes on the route just out of S Harting as you head towards Goodwood. Plenty of crap on the roads too as to be expected this time of year but a nice 13/14 deg for Feb will do nicely especially as it was super sunny as well. I thought I was taking it quite steady but fuel light came on before 100 miles so a lot different to the 899 where similar speeds would easily see 130 miles before light. Must have been the few times I kept in to warp factor 3:laughing:

Squeezed 120 miles out of it so hope there is enough to get to fuel station for more fun a frolics tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  18. IMG_0315.JPG IMG_0314.JPG Obligatory pee stop in lay by piccy :tearsofjoy:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information