1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Theft Attempt Broken Steering Lock & Ignition 1997 Ss

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by chueewowee, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Advice on fitting a new lock, offer of spare, appreciated.
    It's my 1997 600ss.

As Per title, yesterday at night outside house for a few hours in the Rain.
    They broke the steering lock -
    How , by wrenching the steering with the handle bars?

Then, had wheeled the bike 100 yards to a dark spot, and tried to by pass ignition. I found a long screw in it, which I removed easily, unbroken.

You may be able to see from photo, perhaps, that a pin is sticking up, blocking key entry.

I am very relieved. I have come to love my bike like a part of me, since I took him on last winter.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Glad the bastards didn't get away with it mate

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Sorry to see this happen. Unfortunately there are and always will be scum walking the streets.
    Look around the auction sites or get onto the dealer, probably more expensive route though.

4. Hard luck , the bastards need hanging.

5. ...then drawn and quatering :)

Some Bulwell scum tried to steal my TL1000S back in the day but we heard the gate catch click and ran out after them. Unfortunately after doing my best bodie n doyle over the wall in Alpinestars pants n boots I couldn't catch the little feral pricks :(

As well as the lock they also cracked the top yoke meaning I couldn't ride home either as thankfully if you know Nottingham you don't choose to live in cinq estates like Bulwell so I was stranded miles from home to add insult to injury

6. I sometimes think the muslim off with a thefts hand thingie would be a good thing. At least for a career criminal but maybe not a young easily influenced idiot who amends his/her ways. Hope you get it fixed easily & quickly.

7. Barstewards need a baseball bat to educate them
    Glad your SS is ok otherwise guard him with your life

8. if you can catch the barstewards
    it could be a winter project
    duct tape and 240 volts to the nuts

9. One regret is not being able to catch them.
    Things have changed. Not once in the seventies and eighties did anyone attempt to steal my Norton. It was usually parked outside.

You're right, we have to really guard our bikes now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do Not Sell My Personal Information