1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Theft Warning

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by JH_1986, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Hi All,

Not sure how many of you are on the world of Twitter but I use Biketrac tracker and therefore follow them. They have just recovered their 5th Diavel stolen from London.

There has been a massive spike in Diavel theft and they are been specifically sought out.

Keep your eyes peeled and your bikes safe.

• Like Like x 1
  2. how easy are these to install and whereabouts do you mount them on the bike?

3. Mine was fit by the dealer. It's a secret and they "whack" anyone that knows.

4. Biketrac trained mechanics do all the work to ensure it's working correctly. They really are the best right now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. great, thanks (assuming you dont mean a ducati dealer)

where do i find the nearest dealer on their website or do i have to buy one, get it delivered and then take it somewhere?

Bike Trac Product - Road Angel Group

6. I got it when I purchased the bike. Dealer (P&H in Crawley) had one in stock and I paid them to fit it. There are BikeTrac approved dealers that can stock and fit them. Check your local dealer.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. It's cheaper and less distressing just to avoid London...

(good heads-up on a Biketrac though)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. seems my local halfrauds stock and fit these if anyone else is interested :thumbsup:

9. Yep, I'd certainly trust them to fit it [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Jesus wept, don't let the Halfords lot anywhere near your bike!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. A ducati dealership should be able to install it for you. You can do it yourself too

12. Insurers may not take a home fit tracker.

13. Is that speculation or that some will and some won't?

14. I've tried to find the Bike Trac terms and conditions because my addled brain is telling me Bike Trac only warrantee the system if fitted by an authorised installer. Give me a bit of time to confirm. Andy

15. Okay the words are "Bike Trac should be fitted by a professional automotive electrician with a Thatcham or manufacturers accreditation". The pedants and bar room lawyers will argue "should" is not an imperative but as has been suggested, IMO an Insurer's lawyer is likely to have a field day in court and deny all liability. Andy

16. Yep I had to forward the installation certificate to the insurers before it was accepted.

17. I didn't and it didn't drop the quote either. Madness. I do love the piece of mind it gives me though. They were straight on the phone to me when I accidentally forgot to turn it off and I was getting recovered to a dealer.

18. Yeah I don't recall sending it to mine either. It does beg the question though

19. Mine installed on my Pani by dealership, having it removed and refitted to multi by another dealership, no issues and my insurance haven't asked for any paperwork

20. I asked why it hadn't dropped my quote and they said it was because they only discount based on one security measure. My chain already gave me the discount and the one for the tracker was the same discount (basically F' all discount then).

Do Not Sell My Personal Information