1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking Of Purchasing A Multistrada 1200

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by cukoo, Apr 19, 2017.

1. I am thinking of purchasing 2017 multistrada 1200,does anyone have a recent ride review of this model,any tips that I should know about,what is the bike like with the normal suspension ,I have been riding a k1200s for the last 10yr and have decided to change to a twin.

2. Welcome Dave. Someone will be along in a while to help you :)

3. Morning and welcome.I have 2012 Multi so probably not best placed to comment on the new bikes but don't think you will be disappointed .Great all round bike .Engine will be quite different to what you are used to but you will soon warm to that. Enjoy ,lots of others with better insight will help I'm sure.

4. Good morning and welcome. I have a 2016 DVT 1200S, but would not be against buying a non "S" without the skyhook. I think a well set up conventional system is not far behind the skyhook and only got mine cause of the deal at the time. The skyhook is good but not £3000 good IMO. However, with the "S" you also get the LED lights, a fancy pants dash board and slightly bigger brakes. If you choose non "S" or 1200S, both are great bikes with very good engines, excellent comfort and fine handling. If I was buying the 1200 with standard suspension, then 60 quid getting it set up for your own weight/style/seat position etc would be money well spent.

5. Good shout re set up investment

6. Welcome, please join the map linked below.

Ducati Forum

7. Thanks for the explanation, have a test drive booked for Friday, but the 1200 is the model because of budget,let's say all my other bikes had the normal suspension except for the k1200s which I still have.

8. I have a 2017 DVT 1200S. Really special, great bike. If you get the non-S you are missing out on the trick suspension, lights, instrument panel, etc. In which case you might as well go and buy an ordinary bike. IMHO.

9. Welcome.
    Personally I would buy the bike without Skyhook if that's what suits the budget. I have had 42 bikes and for me the Multi ranks no 1 by far. It just does everything I want so well.

10. I have a 2017 base model it's a great bike could have bought a year old S for the same money looked at it this way
    Skyhook suspension just another complection and something to go wrong
    LED lights i don't ride at night due to poor night vision
    Colour dash is just a gimmick
    STD brakes are awesome
    That's a unbiased opinion i have owned a Skyhook model previously

Do Not Sell My Personal Information