1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking Of Selling St3 - Too Many Junk Miles!

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by Mjbl, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Dear all,

thinking of selling my ST3. I've had the bike for 3 years and put 21,000 miles on her to bring her up to 28,000. Problem is that I'm working 5 days a week now and and commuting 160miles a day. Feels like I'm putting too many 'junk' miles on my pride and joy. Ok the first 30mins is a joy through North Yorkshire - but the rest a dual carriageway plod followed by city traffic. In the winter I use the car and a push bike for the commute. I'm worried that I'm going to run my ST3 into the ground. Plus I'm a stickler for maintenance, FDSH, oil change every 4000, and chain and sprockets every 7000 or so. Not working out as cheap as I'd like. So any others with this dilemma?

2. You know the answer that you want to hear - give up work. The daily commute takes it toll on a bike and the bike becomes a tool to be used for work. If you give up work you can ride whenever you want and just for pleasure.
    I know that it works because I did it, and moved to a country where the biking season is much longer.
    If you still want to sell the ST3 and it is red, then let my wife know, she wants a red one.

3. Nice idea Bob! I'd love to. The Dordogne - lovely and lovely biking too. Was in France last week, enjoyed the whole european thing.

Yes its red, with Ducati Performance top box, and tank bag as well as panniers - ideal for 'pan european' journeys...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Next time that you are in the area have a look at the Facebook page "A Bikers Guide to the Dordogne" before you come and we'll be happy to look after you and show you around.
    She only wants an ST3 for messing around locally, we don't do 6 hour trips to Calais (550 miles) any more. The other reason that she wants one is that her ST2 is silver!

5. Ah yes - I had Silver ST2 one before this one. Always liked the look of the Yellow ones too...

6. New chain and rear sprocket today - ride home through the mist and rain... yuk. Bike will be going up here first in the for sale section as soon as the sun comes out for some photos! I know - could be a long time...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information