1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 Thinking Of Selling

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by fieldy, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Hi,

Okay been a member a while but not said a lot.
    I have a 2001 996S in red that is not being used, it as approx 12k miles and last 4-5 years has only covered the annual trip or so to the MOT station . Last year the MOT man laughed at about 40 miles between tickets. There is a reason for the last year or 2 as I had a knee operation and before that holding the bike up right was a risk when standing still. I think I have only put about 1000 miles on it since purchasing it 8-9 years ago.
    So what to do ?
    The bike been serviced by dealers and I have change the belts and serviced it myself, have receipts and logged the mileage when done.
    It is due another set of belts and service only by years and not mileage but as I honestly do not think it would be used in anger and apart from keeping it road legal is it worth it, I even put new tyres on last year.
    I have looked at adverts today and seen prices from 5,5k-7k.
    It starts first time and sounds lovely as they all do.
    What do people think it is worth? Should I service it again before selling or sell as is?
    Is there someone interested?

2. If you are servicing yourself then it's worth doing if the buyer want's it - use it as bargaining chip for when you sell as the buyer may be ok / prefer doing it themselves.
    Regarding value - all you can do is check current ads and discount the silly priced ones that never sell. Watch if any come up on Ebay Auction with or without reserve - you will see where they get to.
    You might even get some whatsit offered on here if you're very very lucky :upyeah:

3. Mmmmmmmm,wotsits.

• Like Like x 1
  4. hi I might be interested..im looking for 748 but nothing in my price I like come up yet havnt rulled out 996/998 have you got any pictures?whats body work like ideally like one fresh belt change,serviced oil dropped and inspected etc :)

5. Thanks for your replies. I saw that advert and yes a good gauge.
    The condition is good it does have one very small mark on tank , I think from a jacket zip and the odd stone chip on the front and on the V piece behind the front wheel.
    It is a bi but fitted with a mono seat, I will take some pics once I given it a clean and dusted the winter storage off it.

6. You've got some? What are they worth? 749S?

7. Yeah,baby.Youknow it.

8. i may be interested in this,how much are you looking for

Do Not Sell My Personal Information