1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Throttle Bodys

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by uk_biker, Apr 2, 2017.

1. After having problems with the nuts in the airbox cover a few weeks back i thought while i was waiting for a used cover off ebay to arrive ill check the throttle body sync. i had read multiple posts so i should be good.
    So i started the the tps sensor and set it to the 2.3 using the jpdiag sofware. i turned it so the butterflies were completely closed, reset tps sensor then screwed adjuster to get a reading of 4.6 before resetting it again.
    I then set the balance on the throttle body's using two gauges, first at 4000rpm adjusting the rod then at idle using the screws in both body's. readings at 4000rpm and idle are balanced and the idle seems great.
    Just took it out for a ride and it feels wrong,idle is great,no stalling. Power is there but it seems it has lost the crispness and is i little numb.Its hard to explain but something has changed.
    Did i miss something ? If the readings are balanced at both idle and 4000rpm it should be good right?
    I dont have access to a Gas analyzer so i cant set the mixture, could that be the problem ?

2. Is the balance done with the bypass screws screwed in all the way ?
    Now that its back together can it be adjusted with out the airbox cover being removed,Dont see how the tb adjuster screws can be accessed

Do Not Sell My Personal Information