1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 R Toe Guard/shark Fin For Monster 1200/s/r?

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Matias, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Hi everybody

I own a Monster 1200R which goes as a track bike from time to time. I´m trying to find a toe guard/shark fin to protect my feet from the chain in case of a crasch, but they doesn´t seem to make them for this model. I asked my favorite brand Evotech, but they have no plans to produce one, nor R&G. Any ideas would be appreciated. Would it be possible to use or modify a toe guard for the Panigale 1199/1299 swing arm?

Thanks

Matias

2. Hi Matias, not so experience.. but is this something that could be a common issue should a crash occur?
    Were you thinking about the chain being an issue below the swingarm?
    Perhaps a larger plate mounted to the healplate mounts would be the best place to attach something?

3. Hi! Not exactly, but almost. The shark fin prevents your foot (or any body part) to get stuck between the chain and the rear sprocket. The rear wheel will probably not stop, so your foot will get chewed to pieces.. The shark fin must withstand a lot of abuse and be securely fastened so I think a factory made part should be best.

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

4. Fingers: stops them being chopped off when you are sliding down the road (or trying to lube with the wheel moving ;) )

Search one for a 916/1098 etc. There are some swingers guards that have a fin moulded in, or its drill/tap into swingers probably :)

5. Thanks! I'll look. Do you know if the Panigale 1199/1299 has the same swing?

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

6. There are two mounting points on the underside of the swingarm (on the R) which hold the rear brake line.. would something like this work.. Aluminium Toe Chain Guards TG0002B2

7. Something like that maybe. Good idea. Also need to check if the Panigales has the same swingarm.

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

Do Not Sell My Personal Information