1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Top Rack...sw Motec Or Givi

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Hpc, Jan 2, 2017.

1. White I am waiting the delevery om my 2015 MS, I am surfing the web for add-on parts. I need the possibility to (oceasionly) ride with a 58 L Givi topbox. The easy solution it to choose the original Ducaty toprack from the Urban kit, but I am concidering the solution from SW Motec, where it is possibel to change the top from Givi Monokey to standard base plate within a few seconds. I recieved these mounting instruktions from Louis in Germany, but would like to see a Real picture of the mount, does anyone here use this?

IMG_0068.PNG

2. Anyone got advice?

3. A top-box rack on a Multistrada needs the pair of metal tubular struts underneath to support it. Any set up which includes the struts is good; any set up which does not have the struts (such as the arrangement in the diagram) will not be strong enough.

4. Thank you Pete. You have a point :)

5. I don't run a Multi,but a Hypermotard and needed a top box for my daily commute. Having owned a number of Givi boxes, I finally ended up with the Givi rack. As Pete notes you need the struts, and the Givi rack has those. I use it with the V46 top box and it is plenty sturdy

6. I second Pete1950

7. Ok fellow bikers, I think I will go for the Givi rack. I hope it is possible to buy seperate, and i dont have to buy the Urban pack to get it.

8. I can understand that the (ugly) rails are there as "belt and braces", but having done many thousand miles at sometimes unfeasably fast speeds with a SW Motech alu rack and both monokey and monolock boxes I can report no problems. At times there has been a fair weight in them and there has been no deflection or subframe problems. Plus you can remove the rack in about five seconds, using a coin if you have forgotten your stubby flat head screwdriver!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mine was bought from Motostorm in Italy. Just the rack and the hardware for attaching it to the passenger grab rails (these are not standard on the Hypermotard and we're purchased separately from Ducati). There are apparently some small differences between the Hypermotard and Hyperstrada or maybe between the 2014 and 2015 machines as the spacers provided where the support bolts to the rear subframe were too short (easily remedied).

So far I have covers about 2,500 km and am very happy with the installation.

10. Nice webshop Motostorm, its now saved in my favorites links.
    Unfortunately I cant findxthe requested Givi toprack for the MS 1200S 2015.

11. It took quite a bit of searching to find the Hypermotard rack as I recall. I will see if I can find it for you.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hi there HPC,

I do not find the Givi rack for a 2015 Multi, what I can find is the rack for a 2010 to 2013 Multi. Not owning a Multi I don't know what the difference would be between these and the 2015 you have. The rack is SRA7401. The link for the Motostorm site is:

Givi Sra7401 For Ducati Multistrada My 2010/13 | MotoStorm

The silly thing is that on the Givi website you cannot find these directly. You need to find this elsewhere (Revzilla, Twisted Throttle, whatever) and then search the product number on the Givi site to see what it looks like (you can also get the fitting instructions) From there searching the Motostorm site is the easy bit :)

I recall I had the same run-around when I was looking for the rack for my Hyper.

Hope that this helps.

#13 Gandalf, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  13. Thank you Gandalf, it is very helpfull. I send an email to Motostorm to ask them if there is any chance the rack will fit the MS 2015

14. Great! Hope they can help. Another good Internet store I have used before is FC-Moto in Germany nut I do not know if they stock the Givi rack (a lot of my gear came from there).

Cheers & ride safe.

15. I have the Givi Trekker 2 helmet top-box on the SW plate, without the under spars and it has held up ok for 15k plus miles, although the plate did bend ever so slightly from wind pressure and speed?

• Like Like x 1
  16. I've got the Ducati branded Givi top box rack & supports on my DVT (which is the model this thread is for. Confusing when non DVT MTS are discussed !) . The best of the bunch BTW.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information