1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Torx Bolt Size...

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Reubinio, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Hi, can someone let me know the size torx key/head needed to undo the torx nut/bolt in centre of image? My set goes up to 55 and thats to small. Cheers :)

GetFileAttachment.jpg

#1 Reubinio, Feb 10, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  2. Torx key for the bolt in the middle? Like an Allen key but for Torx head bolts. I can check later if that helps

3. Yeah sorry the size of the torx key/head needed to undo the torx nut/bolt, my set goes up to 55 and thats to small. Thanks

#3 Reubinio, Feb 10, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  4. Just had a look, mine aren't big enough either.. :(

5. Ah... well cheers for trying. Anyone else?

6. From measuring it it looks like a T60, I've got a bigger size Torx set coming tomorrow and I should be able to confirm (I hope)

Jon

7. Great thanks Jon.

8. Somebody else has used a 10mm Allen key, which is obviously not ideal but they made it work. I'll check tomorrow.

9. Yeah I found a bigger set on ebay so will get one of them, I was hoping just to buy the right size one off at Screwfix to get job done today.

10. Almost sure it's T60 as that's c 13mm point to point and about 10mm at its narrowest which is why a 10mm Allen will fit. Allen obviously not as secure in a Torx head though.

11. Cheers Jon, i'll try the allen key. :)

12. Checked it today and it is a T60 Torx

13. Great, cheers Jon. :)

14. Can confirm it's a T60. Have had these bolts on/off multiple times. Make sure you use a decent torx bit set as these are a soft alloy bolt and expensive to replace.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cheers, yep all done. Was for a constand which is great. Thanks

Do Not Sell My Personal Information