1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Touratech Comfort Seat For Dvt

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Philnanks, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Aplogies. Mine is the Touratech seat too. Bike has been under a cover since September, so had to check when the other guys mentioned it.

I agree with DogTaxi; it appears firmer - and flatter - but somehow it is more comfortable.

I was extremely worried about shelling out c. £300 for it, but my dealer (M&S) agreed to a refund if it didn't work.

Worked out for me - I was one step away from selling it. why these seats aren't standard, I've no idea. Maybe all ther testers are 8st. I'm double that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Blimey that's a good dealer to offer that!
    I suppose the fact that you'll get good money back on them if you change the bike lessens the blow?
    That's what I'll tell the misses if she finds out I've spent that much on a seat!! If I do that is!

• Like Like x 1
  3. there is no seat more comfortable than an airhawk in my opinion , they might not look the best but for a long trip they are miles apart.
    the foam isn't different on the touratech either , its the shape.
    Really surprised there are people that don't like the airhawks

• Like Like x 1
  4. After some experiments, I have settled on an Airhawk inflatable pad in a DanMedica cover. It's suits me perfectly.
    Motorcycle Seat Pads – Dan Medica South Ltd

5. I absolutely hate the Airhawk. Admittedly, it was on a different bike (Yamaha MT-09 Tracer) but the system of straps were pretty ineffective and were not very good at securing it down so it didn't move about underneath you. And when you did cinch it down tight enough it deformed the original seat, plus it's adding extra height to the seat which on an already tall bike you might not appreciate.

I bought one, tried it, hated, sent it back for a full refund as not being fit for purpose. So far, it stands out in my entire 30 year motorcycling career as the only item I've ever bought which has proved to be entirely unsuitable for the purpose that it was designed for.

Also, consider the 2nd hand market. A proper seat will always hold a lot of it's value if the day comes when you want to sell your bike. You just put the original seat back on and if the new owner doesn't want to pay for your fancy seat you just stick it on eBay. I've done that before on a ZZR1400 with a Top Sellerie custom seat and practically got 75% of my purchase price back. I traded my MT-09 Tracer in for my Multistrada but kept my Yamaha comfort seat and when I eventually bought my MT-10 the dealer let me do a straight swap for my MT-09 seat for an MT-10 comfort seat. Couldn't do any of that with an Airhawk - who'd want to buy a used inner-tube?

6. Thanks for all the comments on this topic.

I've decided to bite the bullet and ordered the comfort seat. Dealer knocked a little off the price, not much but better than nothing.
    Looking forward to trying it out!

7. Good point. The system of straps on the Danmedica cover is better than the Airhawk one, which is why I use the Danmedica cover, but the inflating valve on the Airhawk inflatable pad is better which is why I use the Airhawk pad.

8. Wouldn't mind trying someone's DVT if anyone at the meeting 25th has one, see the difference with mine :)

9. Youre more than welcome to try mine Bradders but I'm a bit far away I suspect?

• Like Like x 1
  10. I've got it on mine Bradders, big improvement.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Standard seat
    IMG_3483.JPG
    Comfort seat
    IMG_3487.JPG IMG_3493.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. How does the riding position compare?

13. got theTouratech seat on mine...its like sitting in your favourite armchair.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Is the difference so big? I'm not really a fan of the stock seat

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

15. Only managed a 60 mile round trip to try it out but first impressions are good. Feels very firm as others have said and could do with bedding in a bit. You can see from the photos that the shape and angle you sit is different. You're not pushed so close to the tank.
    Is it worth the money....nope but my arse will thank me for it:laughing:

16. Having sat on one today (didn't catch which member it was??) I reckon this could be a good addition to the bike, as it didn't seem any higher than the std seat on low position :)

17. The wife tried her back seat yesterday same as me not impressed with the comfort seat

18. I'll go ahead and assume the PP has the same seat as the standard model.

19. It was mine Bradders!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Yes...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information