1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tps error

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by idrinkbeer, Mar 4, 2013.

1. can anyone shed light on a fault.

07 1098s dp ecu

mate checked my tps settings and everything was ok but as soon as he disconnected his leads the bike threw up a fault on the dash fault tps 1.1
    t.wat. 3.1

the bike wont now run but when you connect in his leads and connect to n on battery the fault disappears and bike starts but idles at 2k.

when you fit the standard ecu its all fine????????????????????????????

2. TPS base is stored in the ECU.
    You will need to reset the TPS via the Ducati Diagnostic System which your dealer can do.
    Unfortunately it can't be done mechanically on your bike.

3. the bike ran fine until the computer checked the tps settings.now not fine.he never tried to adjust the tps.

4. Is his lead the correct polarity? Did he use ducatdiag?

5. I concur with this. Sounds like the fly leads were reversed and he has goosed your ECU. All is not lost. You need to tap into the middle wire on your diagnostic connector (this is the -ve) and run this to a good earth or the -ve terminal on the battery. When he connects his diagnostic lead he is providing a good earth hence why the bike starts.

6. Yep found this one.. :)

ducatidiag :: Connexion

thought I'd see it before...

on a good note, talk to chrisw he can flash your stock ECU to DP spec... :) he's the man!

#6 arthurbikemad, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  7. Hence the T.WAT error code

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeah, it's an easy one to remember..... :)

I would laugh but out of sympathy for the OP I won't....

9. bugger bugger bugger etc

chris youv a pm mate

when you connect the -ve the bike idles at about 2k and tps is out

#9 idrinkbeer, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  10. guys i got this problem too. i got the pcv installed.
    do i need 1st to reset tps on the ecu and then calibrate the tps with the power commander software?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information