1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 Trackday Bling ??

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by GaryO, May 28, 2015.

1. I'm starting to do quite a few trackdays home and abroad and the time has come to either change bike or start to 'trick up' my 08 1098s.
    Going down the tricked up route I had the following in mind (suspension already setup and ktech internals fitted to the front forks). So in order of 'usefulness' whats first and whats last, bearing in mind I still use the bike on the road as well (subject to change) !

a) Nemesis TCS
    b) Sigma slipper clutch
    c) HM Quickshift Plus SS
    d) TTX shock
    e) None of the above :)
    f) All of the above !!!!
    Not saying I am a trackday god by any means but at least I wont be able to blame my dog slow times on the bike !! All feedback greatfully received !

#1 GaryO, May 28, 2015
    Last edited: May 28, 2015
  2. Hmmmmm.

e.

But b and d if you have to. Both will make the experience on track 'nicer' but are not really needed as such.

Me personally... b if it was just 1.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I've got the lot. . . . Bah ha ha ha ha etc.... And I'm still shit slow.

Crash protection? I'd go option F. All the above.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. agree with weeksy you dot really 'need' any of that

Slipper is nice to have if you bugger up blipping the throttle and have to downshift in a hurry

standard ohlins shock is pretty good although the adjusters are a bit micky mouse and don't get me started on the stupid black plastic preload ring (Get this changed its £15)

qs is nice to have but not really necessary with practice and will probably munch your gearbox eventually

traction control for the road only. TC takes the some of the fun out of it for me (although ask me again if i ever high side)

if you are looking to make it track only, i would spend the money on a set of 30mm offset yokes, a linear suspension linkage, shorter ride height adjuster , uprated shock springs and ride height measuring tool

i had a go on a well setup 1098 with these recently, makes such a difference to handling bike is much more flickable and it really improves your ability to get the power down out of corners.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Slipper is essential imo and if you are running a std ohlins rear now sell that and buy ttx for not much more. The rest is fluff :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information