1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble with server

Discussion in 'Forum News' started by Richard 1200, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Quite often I open up the forum and before I can read a post the screen freezes, goes a milky colour and when I do Ctrl Alt Del it says server not responding. Close it down, start agian and carry on no problem. Only happens on my Acer notebook not on the I Pad.
    I know nothing about computors so if anybody has an answer it had better be capable of being understood by my Grandson. (actually forget that as he is already better than me on these things)
    :upyeah:

#1 Richard 1200, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  2. Likewise, I get it quite often, the forum freezes before it opens? Works fine on my smartphone?

3. Hmm, let me look into it.

What browsers are you using?

Cheers,
    Rob.

4. Explorer using windows 7

5. Cheers, Richard. Have you tried to see if the issue exists with another browser, such as Firefox or Chrome? We seem to have issues with Internet Explorer at the moment.

Cheers,
    Rob.

6. Allthough I open up windows explorer my search box is Google so not sure what that means as I came to computors late in life and beyond the simple stuff I am not good on understanding the dam things

7. The two things are unrelated.

Get a Mac and your problems will go away.
    Failing that, have nothing to do with Explorer - which is naff. Use Firefox instead. (Mind you, I'm using Safari on this Mac and never have any issues with the forum.)

8. I agree with gliddofglood IE is generally poor, how ever IE9 is reasonable. I have IE, Firefox, and Chrome available on my laptop and all can access the site without any issue.

Couple of things to look at Richard, you say your running Windows 7, do you know of you have SP1 installed?

Get IE upgraded to IE9 if your not already running it, and disable any addins that you are not activly using. Failing that install Firefox, or Chrome.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information