1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tt 2016

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by comfysofa, May 29, 2016.

1. While I know that its technically racing I thought if I started this thread here then while we're over there maybe some could meet up? were on next weeks 8pm Friday night ferry to Douglas. I'll (should be) on my RSV4 and my mate on his Dorso1200. We'll be over there til Wednesday afternoon so if we run into anyone or anyone is close by them chime in on this thread....hopefully this time ill have better data...o2 seems to be pretty shit over there but our work phones are now on Voda and while expensive I always tended to get a pretty good data service - handy for posting in wherever you maybe while out and about...weve got no plans or itinerary apart from meeting a couple of lads that we keep bumping into the last 4 years that weve been....if the data is good ill throw up pics as well. Cant. Fucking. Wait!...giving the rsv a service and clean this afternoon when I get home from work in anticipation...

2. Nice one Comfy. I'm over with a group of 6, only 2 Duc's, my 899 and another lads 749. We're catching the 0945 Liverpool ferry Wednesday 1st. I'm back pm on Monday 6th. As you quite rightly say. Can't fucking wait. Bike all ready to go bar checking tyre pressures and light chain lube. We are camping at the Quaterbridge tt campsite.

3. We're staying at my mates place in port st mary....key under the plant pot! - he goes to his girl friends house while we're there but were not really there as it were - we're only in the ouse to get our heads down...

4. We go on Saturday 4th for the whole week. Not taking the bike now due to girlfriend breaking her arm.
    Staying near Peel so guess we will be bus wankers all week.

5. Balmy. Enjoy mate. At least your there.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Been out the front all afternoon, washed the car, done some hypermotard fettling, got the tt chariot ready for action...
    IMG_20160529_170719.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  7. That said I'm a little bit torn... Ive taken the rsv for the last 3 years... My mate either takes a dorso 1200 or an old tuono racing... We meet a couple of other lads who are on gs1200's. I did think about taking this...
    IMG_20151107_141344.jpg
    As no one else is on racers I thought it might be better but it's the only real time I get on the rsv... Which I think I'm still leaning toward as its so much fun...

• Like Like x 1
  8. I'm getting the 03:15am (FFS) from Liverpool on the 2nd, be in Douglas at 6am. I'm going with the Monster 1200 R, & Billy-No-Mates, so it would be good to catch up with some of ya' if any plans get made. Leaving for home on the 7th at 19:45. First time at the TT :eyes:, so can't wait

9. Me and my brother are out on the 3rd. We catch the 3.45am ferry from Liverpool to Douglas. Im leaving the Ducati at home and taking the R1. We're staying on a camp site just outside Douglas. It's my first time and I'm realy looking forward to it.

10. All i can say is the atmosphere is fucking electric! This our 6th time out!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

11. Lads for you first timers you will love it. Only been once before but it's fantastic. Soak up the atmosphere and enjoy. Comfy, take the RSV. If nothing else the blast to Liverpool will be more comfortable than The neck breaker. Saying that as an ex Triumph Speedtriple owner. Twisties and town fine but open road fucking nightmare.

12. Heysham 0215 friday 3rd, breakfast in the Caff near the bus station, then up to homestay near st ninians. Will be on the SPS in company with Debbie on a black n tango Monster S2r.

13. Well I have done it on an 1100 hyper a few years ago but ran out of steam on the mountain... And I have been to london (from bristol) on the zed and it was fine... That's what makes me think...

14. But... Just had the rear set up with the new shock on there (the rsv) .... Now sporting a nitron race pro...

#14 comfysofa, May 29, 2016
    Last edited: May 29, 2016
  15. Humour an old man who doesn't get out much, what is this ? Andy

16. is it a kawayamasaki or something.....:Bag:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Awesome tool matey... My 2nd one... Fuck off fast, handles, Uber comfortable... Best looking naked out there...

18. Yes I am sure it is but you still haven't said what it is ! Andy

19. De-tagged for that reason... Always get the questions for the 30 second traffic light review from scaffolders, van drivers etc etc...

20. image.jpeg Off at 21.00 from Liverpool on the 4th. Taking the 848 Evo Corse SE and staying at Quarterbridge campsite. Coming back at 19.45 on Tuesday. Went last year for first time, didn't see much racing but loved that mountain and looking forward to more this year.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information