1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Tuning Up My Ducati 848

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Boukekoppejan, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Hello to you all!

I love my Ducati 848 from 2008 with a full 70mm termignoni exhaust system and dry clutch. The ecu is already changed! Now i want to tune up the engine for Some more horsepower just for fun.

Does somebody know how to get Some more power? And I'am not looking for an engineswap or something like that[emoji106]

[​IMG]

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

2. Engine swap far easier and cheaper

Check out cjs website, based bristol, flowing and polishing and Lougi can blueprint the motor. Hope you have the 5k needed to het another 10hp...

3. Paint it red for much better performance.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Haha no white is better[emoji106]

5. Sky's the limit when tuning ducati engines just depends on how much you want to spend anything from a remap @ £400 or full engine build with big bore kit, blue printing etc etc @£5000+

6. Cheapest way is 1098 engine. Other upgrades to your bike to consider;
    M4's
    Lightweight wheels
    Ohlins
    :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ok what is m4?

8. Sell it buy a 1198S sorted !

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Brembo monoblocks. As per the evo and 1098.

10. I want more horsepower [emoji56][emoji6]

11. I'll be watching this thread, if i feel it needs anymore power when i pick one up I'll be in the loop! :tearsofjoy:

12. I'm sure there's a big bore kit on the market also....But you may as well buy a bigger engine/bike.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. image.jpeg

Yep big bore kit the only decent option really but time you've priced in the cost to buy and get fitted you will be spending loads of money and still getting less power than a 1098
    Alternatively you could but my bike off me for £5800 and put your fairing on it job done :upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  14. My 848 has more power than I will even use or need.

15. As @Nelson says. Sell it and buy the bigger bike if you want more HP. You'll throw money into the engine you'll never see back if you go down the tuning route. It'll actually put most people off when you decide to sell. :( Non standard doesn't do well on bikes, apart from the usual goodies that everyone wants (Termi's, slipper clutch etc)

You may love your bike, but you'll love the next one more.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Once you've got 14t sprocket and proper remap your probably about done unless u want to get silly with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Hi, On my 848 I had done:
    1.Big Bore Kit Pistal , Pistons
    2. EVR Airbox
    3. 1098R Camshafts
    4. ECU Microtec .
    5. Akrapovic Full system .

on dyno test with Microtec map, no totally adjust on my parts .
    166hp rear wheel.

But that cost a lot to made as well ...

18. Std 1098 will make more with a filter, cans and a map

19. As number yes maybe you are right ....on driving this power I got all Rpms ..on my stock ECU i was at 177 rear..but loosing in low rpms.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information