1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Two Unknown Connectors. Can They Be Used For Usb Sockets

Discussion in 'Monster' started by CrazyDrummer, Apr 5, 2017.

1. I've just bought a 2014 Monster 1200. There's a two pin (I think it's two pin anyway) electrical connector on the frame below the left hand side of the seat and a more complex looking one under the seat also at the left hand side.

The manual doesn't seem to mention what either of them are. Anyone know? Can you get an adaptor to convert either to a twin USB socket so I can charge my phone and GPS while on the go.

Thanks in advance.

2. Here's the photos of the connectors. The one on the frame is putting out 12v but I've no idea what the underseat one does and I'm wary of pulling the yellow cap off it. IMG_3511[1].JPG IMG_3513[1].JPG

3. The top picture looks like an Optimate charging lead.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. The top is same plug used on radio controlled car batteries so as Steve said will be an optimate, bare in mind that this will not be switched live it will be direct feed from/to the battery. The latter looks the same as one under the tail unit of my 899 which on mine is used for the genuine Ducati battery maintainer, mine has a blanking cap for when not being used..

5. If you did want the male plug for the optimate connector either Maplins or a model shop would get you what you need

6. The first is your optimate charger fitted by the dealer, the second is the Ducati Battery Tender(charger)/dealer access to the CAMBUS, I have tried both, the link I sent you is the best and easiest option trust me ;)

7. Thanks for your input guys. Appreciated. :grinning:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information