1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyre Pressure Gauges

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by TT600, Mar 5, 2017.

1. need a new one. Current one is aged and I think out of sorts. Had a look in halford today but they looked like they had come out of Xmas crackers.

Anyone recommend a good one?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Have the same, top quality.

3. Thanks for the feedback everyone. Cheers Robanaro, had seen/read that but also wanted real world views. Thanks for looking that out though.

4. I like digital gauges that will fit easily into a jacket pocket.
    I bought a cheap one from Halfords and actually its OK:
    GTmoto Motorcycle Digital Tyre Pres...

Its compact and easily carried in a pocket and its got an audible beep to indicate a reading has been taken.
    It reads 1 PSI below the snap-on gauge used by the workshop who fit my tyres but more importantly its consistent

Only criticisms are on some wheels its awkward to get it to seat on valves with 90 degree adaptors fitted - needs to be held square and pressed firmly to get a reading, the display time-out is too short and the batteries don't seem to last long. Also you need to take the unit apart with a tiny screw driver to change the battery.

5. A decent quality pencil gauge is accurate, has a wide scale for improved accuracy and ease of reading, is of simple and therefore reliable design, has no batteries to run out, costs peanuts and is easy to carry around.
    If you have two you can check accuracy against each other from time to time.
    What more do you need ?

6. Didn't realise they were accurate. Now you say that I see Snap-on make loads of pencil gauges so they must be pretty good.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information