1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyres Again, Sorry.....

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Duc2, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Has anyone fitted Metzeler M7RR's to their Multi?

2. Not tried them on the multi, but had them on my Aprilia Tuono.
    Fantastic tyres, great grip in wet or dry.
    Don't expect high longevity though.

3. Cheers

4. I was seriously considering them but will probably go for the roadtec 01 for longevity reasons, with around 150bhp to the rear tyre on a relatively heavy bike I don't want to be shelling out for too many tyres...

5. Yes, for the last 2500 miles. Really pleased but I'm a Metzeler fan. Andy

• Like Like x 2
  6. I'm having good feedback from the new 01's I've got on my 1200 - they've gotta last longer than a pair of RR's.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Cheers

8. I'm guessing there isn't much tread left after 2500 miles?

9. Still got plenty and anticipate at least double that. Andy

10. Ordered a set of M7 RR's today from Crossans, can't wait to get them fitted.

11. I was running Sportsmart 2s on my multi. Great grip wet, dry, track. £-3.5 k miles.
    Had Metzlers on S1r. Struggle to 2.5k

12. I don't reckon I'll see 3k miles with the OEM fit Skorpion IIs, let alone anything stickier.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. You do realise that Metzeler is part of Pirelli, and has been for the past 30 years?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I use the M7rr since ~1200km and i like the internal damping of this tyre. Great grip and it was verry easy to lean down to scratch the boots/footpegs ;)
    I´m looking forward to the wearout and mileage....

-Heimo

15. I'd never thought of putting the M7RRs on to the Multi.
    Actually looking forward to the Skorpion IIs wearing out now, so I can get some of those puppies on. :upyeah:

16. Pirelli don't appear to have an equivalent of the Metzeler MnRR range though. They're double compounds, have great grip and damping qualities. Had them on a few bikes now and love them.

17. Hi folks. Whilst we're on a 1200 MTS DVT tyre thread is everyone quoting tyre choice, mileage and experience for the the MTS 1200 DVT model? Also any recommend Michelin pr3s / PR4s for the dvt? Ta muchly.

18. The Metzelers are far better than Michelins in my opinion. Better grip, faster turning more confidence.

I'll be replacing my M7RR's with.....M7RR's on my Panigale and replacing my Michelin PR3's, which I did not like, with Metzeler 01's on my ST4. Apparently the 01's are more suited to a tourer and far more mileage.

19. Yes Pete, I do. I brought that fact up in a post discussing the merits of using the Racetech Interact K3 endurance tyre for track days probably a couple of years ago now. Andy

20. I think the question is which tyre is recommended for dodgy road surfaces , is very good in the wet , but lets you 'press on' when its dry ?

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information