1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyres For A 899

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by panigale66, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Currently have on Rosso ll which are ok but old technology and have been superseded as far as I'm aware I can't get the new Pirelli's in a 60 profile so what are my other options? the tyres are mainly for dry fast road use with the odd tracked day and a trip up to Scotland in July, dont want to go to a 55 profile either

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. ive just fitted sportsmart 2's to mine

no complaints so far :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  3. I've considered supercorsas but ended up going with the usual (Diablo rosso Corsa) which to be fair have been pretty good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Supercorsa's just don't get hot enough for the road, rosso corsa's must be due for an update soon and know soon as you get the old ones the new will come out!

5. I've found the rosso Corsa a very good road tyre. Warm up quickly and have more than enough grip on track unless you're talking the top end of the fast group.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I'm fitting Dunlop sportsmart 2's on mine because the Pirelli front has gone well out of shape after only 2k miles... The other option seems to be Continental or Michelin power sport evo (or whatever they are now called) but haven't tried either where as I REALLY rate dunlops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. I have supercorsa on mine and don't fault them at all , not had any moments yet when I have thought bloody hell these are crap for the road,

TBH - I have stuck supercorsa's on all my bikes, ZX6R 636 , DRZ400SM and now the Pani maybe I am just used to them,its the only tyre that has ever given me good feedback and confidence

I didn't get on with the rossos hence why I change after 600 miles, still have them in the spare room need to EBay them at some point when I can be bothered

8. Metzeler Racetech RR. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Only comes in 180/55 in K3 compound. To get 180/60 you need a K1/K2 compound which would be daft for a road bike. Shame their M7 RR isn't available in 180/60 either.

Do they come in 180/60?

10. Yes mate, they do

11. So is their website in need of an update??

[​IMG]

12. Yeah, glad u spotted that mate, it keeps changing, I was looking the other week and they weren't on there in 60, then checked on Friday and they were!! No idea what's happening but my tyres still listed them, might be worth a call to your local fitter and see what the score is

13. I've had a quick look online and you can definitely get them. Not sure if they're going to old dated tyres perhaps. Who knows.

14. Hmm you are right to be cautious but I think it's just dunlops site being crap

• Like Like x 1
  15. Only thing I'd be worried about with the dunlops would be their lack of track focused performance.

I spoke to Dunlop at the bike show about them and they openly admitted its not comparible to the Pirellis on track. But then it's more of a sport touring tyre type

16. Your thinking roadsmart surely? The Sportsmart is a hyper sport tyre designed for fast road and track, I did a trackday on them and was really happy with the feedback

Tbh if you need more you are much quicker than me!!! The buyer needs to be honest about the riding they want to do, if it's a trackday only then yeah, go supercorsa but I would doubt anyone can say they have got more than 2k miles out of a rear???

17. This ^

18. It was sport smart 2's buddy.

I understand they'll do 90% of what I wanted but what the man on the stand said as well as some other people I know I decided to stick with the Pirellis.

No issues with profile for me at all on my drc's and they've got enough edge grip. Also find them very predictable (touch wood)

19. I'm going to be running a K2 on my 1098R simply because of my experience with one on my 853 track bike. Awesome tyre and more than adequate for a couple of thousand miles. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information