1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyres Pirelli Specific

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Not Carl Fogarty, Aug 15, 2016.

1. It's been many years since I've bought tyres, having not been riding bikes.

My 998 has Pirelli Diablo Corsa 3 on
    My Fireblade has Pirelli Rosso 2 on the front. Diablo Corsa 3 on the back...

Are the tyres of choice now a Pirelli Rosso 3?
    What kind of price should I be paying for these?

It looks like Super Corsa work better at dry, warm temps and the rosso 3 which is more versatile, better road tyre? I assume it offers the same level of grip as the ones I have currently?

I want to stick with Pirelli as I know what to expect. I've not had real moments on the tyres above (although I am not pushing them) They will grip enough to lift the rear on the brakes with out fail it seems. I do get some wheel spin with the Corsa 3 rear when it starts to cool down in the evening when I am not trying to hard but I want tyres that have some durability.

2. I think the rosso 3 is a different family to the rosso Corsa.

Supercorsas will be much better when hot and in the right conditions, from my understanding the rosso 3 is more of a sports touring type tyre/more road focused.

3. I have these Pirelli Rosso Corsa's on my Monster 1100 Evo, sits in between the new Rosso111 and the super corsa's, fantastic on track, very quick warm up and more grip than the Rosso 111 but do not wear as quick as your super corsa's and are triple compound on the rear as well.

13606615_10157142107270711_6629545134184766423_n.jpg

4. Thread moved

5. Sorry El T :)

Chris P that confused me, I know nothing about (recent) tyres yet.

I need to make some calls, sounds like there are lots more variants.

It seems the Rosso Corsa 3 will provide the same or more grip than the tyres I have?
    Trying to avoid buying something that provides any less grip than the current tyres.

Many years ago I threw an R6 that was quite new at the time down the road after I bought a tyre made for durability.
    That was more rider error than tyre choice but good rubber even if it's psychological is worth it.

6. Had the Rosso 2 on the 996 and hated them, but they were 5 years old.

Got the Rosso 2 on the 999 and love them, they are stamped at just over 2 years old.

fitted the new Rosso 3 on the 996 and big improvement on the 2, much happier.

Pirelli

• Like Like x 1
  7. CR did they supply and fit to loose wheels?

Just had a price 195+ vat fitted. So I guess they are charging about 220 for the tyres. From memory that's demon tweeks prices, who are not cheap even if I can still get discount through the bs sponsorship (loyalty card)scheme.

I will check out that link later.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8. They do, but it wasn't a lot more to get them to do it so I just rode in/out.

Do you have a rear wheel socket? If not, I can lend you one.

9. Sorry but f I confused fella, did not mean to. Here is the link to the Pirelli uk web site.

Pirelli

[Pirelli] 30£ Cashback UK 2016

10. Ooooops, about time they removed it from the web site then

11. CR, What size is the rear wheel socket 46mm or 47? just put a vernier on it.. It looked like 46mm would be snug.

I don't have one, need to get one. This week is a bit of a bad one for me so I really should not think about this right now.

I can that socket on my travels. I need a small torque wrench too for the fork pinch bolts etc.
    My one is ok for the spindle nut. Most my kit is not at home need to get a bit more organised.

No need for apologies it's my lack of knowledge on the subject. Thanks for the link I can see what you mean about the Rosso Corsa vs Corsa 3. Interesting! I wonder what is closer to the tyres on at the moment. Diablo Corsas 3.

Busy this week so this should not be top of the priority list. I think not having hot water at home should be my first thought but just look at the weather outside. Who needs hot water. Must crack on..

12. 46mm.

If I manage to get to Super Sausage Sunday I'll bring it up for you.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I think I will have one sorted by then. I tried to get one from Halfords on the way home and Screwfix. No Joy.
    I know a tool shop in Northants (Hayway tools) will have what I want.. Just need to find time to pop over when they are open.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wheels off and at the shop.
    Rosso corsas to be fitted.

Not keen on the shop but limited for time this week. Fingers crossed.

Can anyone tell me what is the correct torque for the rear wheel nut?

15. I can tell you 916/996/748 if you like?

• Like Like x 1

16. Not sure of the torque is for the rear wheel nut, but do remember to re-torque the sprocket side nut after torqueing the wheel nut.
    Let us know how you get on with the tyres as I found them superb compared to the Rosso 11's on the road.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tyres are fine chris..

The bike did not handle quite right when i bought it so have been putting it right. I still need to do a bit more scrubbing in before I test the tyres.. i am new to v twins too so a little bit cautious. The bike does not fall in now like it did with the old tyres.. if i am leaning as far. Will know more soon. Need to fit the damper though the front is lively under hard accleration even at good speeds which concerns me a little for higher speed corners even though it should be ok... the previous handling issue has me a little cautious.

They defo grip, no issues grabbing the brakes and lifting the rear wheel with little heat in the tyres..

Want some on my other bike now.

Thanks for input everyone :)

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information