1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Tyres

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by James85, Dec 4, 2016.

1. So now that the 899s are a few years old.... what's everyone running tyre wise?
    I'm still on corsa rosso II but the rear is getting low and the front tread is stepped.
    I ride on dry days but have been caught out in the rain and just take it easy.

2. Few of the lads are happy with the Dunlops as they are available in 180

I run Diablo Rosso Corsa's and as from next year supercorsas

I've never had a problem with stepping? But some get it.. but they don't last very long!

But then they're super sticky tyres and about as close to a race tyre you can get on the road.

Everything is a trade off

• Like Like x 1
  3. I had the same issue, front stepped after 1k miles and the rear was toast at 2000miles, I've switched to Dunlop Sportsmart 2's and I'm really impressed with them, take a little while longer to warm up but seem to be lasting well and give good grip and are great in the wet.

The front profile helps to make the front a little less twitchy also as it's a flatter profile.

You are slightly limited by the 180/60 rear but there are still some good options around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. I think 180/60 rosso 3 is coming at next year's beginning

5. What about Michelin supersport evo??

6. What about Pirelli Angel GT? I've read a lot about superb blend of performance and longevity

8. These are great IMO, I have them on my GSXR 1000 and will be putting a set on my 1098, very good in the wet and dry... did a wet trackday and was going around people on wets! (and I'm not a fast track rider!).. I'm a Michelin fan but everyone has their own preference... the Pilot Power 3's are good too and being the previous model can be had for a good price.. SC's are f**king brilliant as I'm sure you already know and most on here will testify to...just let them warm up if you ride in the winter/wet but they are not as hazardous as most would have you believe..

9. I ride in Scotland .... so not the warmest or driest. How would you compare the SC to supersport evo in terms of grip and warm up

10. I had Dunlop sportsmart2 on my ZX6R and I didn't like them. Just felt hard very hard and wooden if that makes sense

11. From my experience I'd say the Evo's are better if you intend to ride 75%+ on the road (they are billed as a 50/50 road and trackday tyre).. they warm up quickly and I find I don't have to adjust my riding style much for when it's wet/cold as they offer good grip from the off and when warm the grip is more than you'll ever use on the road unless you're a proper loon... The SC's are amazing with heat in them, on track they offer silly grip (for a road tyre) I find they warm up quickly but lose heat quicker in colder conditions.. they are ok in the wet but not as confidence inspiring as the SS... as an example I'll get to work on the Pani and the sC's are luke warm whereas on the gsxr the Evo's are noticeably warmer.. another option is the Metzeler M7RR loads of guys on here swear by them... they're more similar to the Evo's than the SC's.. In a nutshell SC's are great if you go to a track and ride mainly in summer and charge everywhere, otherwise I and I expect most people would say go more road biased.... You won't be disappointed with the SS Evo's if you got a set I'm sure....

12. Great info. Would you say they are similar to the corsa Rosso 2 that come with the bike when new?

13. Never had Rosso Corsas but I believe they are quite an old tyre compared to the Evo, so the materials/tech has moved on heaps, I'd say they are both similar in that they make good roads tyres but I'd have thought the Evo is/should be a superior tyre in every way.

14. Yeah they felt very stiff on my Daytona 675, but weirdly on the 899 they don't, they work really well. Perhaps because the bike itself is pretty rigid

15. Been googling all weekend
    Think I've narrowed it down between corsa rosso 2, supersport evo and racetec rr. Concerned that I can only find k2 compound in the racetec rr in 180/60

16. Race tech rr is basically a supercorsa

Rosso 2 is more of a sport touring tyre is it not?

17. The rosso 2 it's what's on the 899 when new. It's a decent tyre but a few years old now.

18. Nope

That would be the Rosso Corsa mate.

The Rosso 2 is a different category of tyre as well. Ultimately not as grippy as the Rosso Corsa.

And the supercorsa / racetech is an even more track orientated tyre than the Rosso Corsa. So even less comparable.

#18 Advikaz, Dec 4, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Not everywhere... I believe in here, portugal, 899 came with rosso corsa.

20. Sorry.... I stand corrected It's rosso corsa as standard. That's what I have and I liked them.... but they are 5-6 years old and I would think technology has moved on??

Do Not Sell My Personal Information