1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Tyres

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by James85, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Depends what you're looking for out of a tyre mate because they're probably one of the best in terms of road and track performance all round in my opinion.

Something like a supercorsa or racetech are mega when hot. Ultimately will give more edge grip but take longer to warm up, are shite in the wet and don't last as long.

As with anything it's a trade off

2. Yes the standard fitment is Rosso corsa, which are 1 step down from a super corsa which is also an old tyre but they still perform brilliantly so I don't think age is an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Ok..... so it's between supersport evo, corsa rosso and m7rr.

4. But the m7rr doesn't come in a 180/60???

Both the others are still a really focussed sport tyre so just bare that in mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. James,
    Just buy the Supersport Evo's, I'm on my 3rd set now, wouldn't go back to Pirelli's now, see my post number 30 on this thread for more details:-

http://ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/tyres-for-a-899.42117/

Cheers,

Poucher

#25 Poucher, Dec 5, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Why don't wait for michelin power RS? It comes in 180/60 profile

• Like Like x 1
  7. The RS is a good shout! Could wait and see how Mcn get on with it on the road.
    Another option is the racetec rr but that only come in K2 compound rears. Not sure how they would cope on the road

8. Racetech as said is basically the same as the supercorsa

Pretty sure k2 is a track tyre is it not? Which means it's not likely to get hot enough on the road and be shagged in no time from heat cycles.

9. That's exactly what I'm worried about

10. Anyone used racetec k2 compound on the roads only??

11. What @Advikaz said.... K2 is probably a no no, if you want a Metz I reckon the M7RR would be a good shout (I've had M5's and K3 Interact which are a bit older and were both good), do a search for a thread with M7RR in it and you'll get loads of reviews/opinions..

12. I don't think they do m7rr in 180/60

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. boo and hiss to them then..... makes your choice a bit easier then :grinning:

14. I have and I'm now running Pirelli SC2s now which on the track are amazing but I've had the front wash/slip a couple of times on colder days coz you can't push enough to get the heat in them. I'm changing to Dunlop Sportsmart 2s which I've run before. Good life, heat up pretty quick, half decent in the rain and good enough for me on inters track days

15. Anyone run 190/55 rears??

Do Not Sell My Personal Information