1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unregistered D16

Discussion in 'D16 Desmosedici RR' started by triari, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Dam, I thought it was going to be a T Shirt, bit of a con :mad:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  2. nice but 8 years in storage?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Just as with some Ferrari owners, every dyed-in-the-wool Ducati owner is secretly coveting a D16 - what's seen as 'the pinnacle'. I think 65 of us should buy it between us and apart from the obvious split of joint ownership/storage costs, each owner's usage responsibility (and hence engine preservation incentive) could be just like musical chairs - i.e. if it blows up during your usage then you foot the bill, no ifs no buts. :smileys:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Beautiful looking bike but nearly £65 ?? Not sure about that.

5. Been there ages now. Too much money, even as a zero miler. Might not be registered, but it's left a dealer so the warranty button would have been pushed I'd guess, so that and the servicing will have long expired.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. looks like it is sold. also looks like he sold that 996r he had for sale @ £25k

7. I'd pay £65 for it, shame it's sold. Someone got a bargain.

• Like Like x 1
  8. The trouble with buying a zero miler for a premium, is that you have to keep it that way or blow your brains out financially.

If you are looking at it as an alternative to earning 0.1% interest in the bank by buying a bike new to speculate and cash in a few years down the line, then fine. I suppose it's no different to a painting, bottle of fine wine or a buy to let property. But if you are a motorcylce person, having a piece of exotica sitting there and being unable to use it must be frustrating.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. A bargain? I dunno. I paid £55k for mine brand new with 0 miles and the 3 years free servicing and warranty ... Plus it had the GP07 exhaust on it which would've cost thousands when new but are now unobtainable. Of course that was three years ago and today there are no brand new bikes left with the warranty and free servicing package. At the end of the day a zero mileage second-hand D16 is worth what someone is willing to pay. In this case the seller may well have settled for less than the asking price on the advert.

10. Read my post again Dave, and the post I was refering to. Do you see it yet?

#12 Robarano, Jan 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  11. There is another one on the Bay for low 20s. Might need a bit of work though.....

12. Nah only needs a fairing!

d16rr.jpg

13. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. 65k more fool the fool who bought it ,

15. Got to learn to sell based on the positives... Includes free fully inflated rear tyre. Ideal for child's science kit as contains lots of carbon and magnesium.

• Funny Funny x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information