1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V-trec Levers

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Cream_Revenge, Dec 13, 2016.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  1. Nice colours.

2. I like the way you can choose the adjuster colour, most are just red.

3. got em on the 748 and really like em. The ones I have are adjustable in length but looked their site recently to get some for the 49 and I'm not sure if they make em anymore.
    German outfit ( but could be made in China for all I know) got sent out the wrong bases for mine but found their number, called and they sent me the correct ones foc and told me to keep the ones they sent originally.
    seem really well made to me. I paid £110.00 for a set so the price on your link ain't bad!

• Like Like x 1
  4. that was one if the things I liked, got black with silver adjusters. As you say most seem to be red or gold.

5. That's my preference of colour combo too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'll be looking to get in touch with em soon as the little off on the 748 scuffed the clutch lever up. Still useable but a bit ugly. Only a low speed affair but it stood up well. That's probably luck of the draw tbh rather than a reflection of quality. But 2 years on and a good few thousand miles, there is no play in em and adjustment is nice.
    I have paso(?) ones on the 749 ( or copies) and I don't like em at all.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pazo

8. Pazzo

• Like Like x 1
  9. yea, that them. Too short and the adjusters suck. And the finish is very average.

10. I think short levers, Ducati clutch, my little girls hands and impending old age is not a good combination.

11. to be fair, if you have small hands, short levers ain't a bad thing. You may get more leverage from a long lever but you need a big span to reach it. I have xxl hands ( bit weird at 5'6) so find long levers better.

12. I had V-trec levers (flip-up adjustable length ones) on my M1100evo. I really liked them. If my clutch and brakes were properly adjusted I could get the span adjustment just right for my hands as the lever was more parallel with the bars. This made the clutch feel lighter because my fingers weren't so stretched when using it as they were with the stock levers that were shaped to bend away from the bar.

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

13. I have Pazzo levers on my Ducati or my blade can't remember which bike...

Nothing wrong with them if they are genuine ones.
    I recall the real ones have Pazzo etched behind he brake lever the fakes don't but the adjustment does have limited positions, some levers offer more varied positions... there is no play or slop or bad finish in my Genuine ones but I did pay more for them. MZ Pazzo clutch and brake...

There are very similar copies on Ebay some were bad:

"Chinese lever borrowed from my neighbour who removed them after comparing for himself to my Pazzo's
    feeling of the clicks is Smith and Wesson vs a toy gun, The lever pivot bolt is lined up on both levers , but their cams do not match . The cam and lobe are a total of 1.2 mm thicker on the Pazzo lever. A two year old Pazzo shows no wear on its cam high points but the copy is already showing wear after a few months of use. "

but apparently, a recent review of comparing fakes to original, the copies now are much better quality than years ago...
    I guess it depends where the supplier gets them from in china, as with carbon from china, it varies apparently?

I suspect most stuff is made in china regardless, but if there are preferential suppliers in China perhaps some is a bit better made.

I think some of the anodised stuff looks cheap and tacky depending on colour, black always looks purposeful. I would, in my case, next time try other levers because the number of fakes out there it devalues the quality of a better made product. I'd like to try some ASVs

#16 Not Carl Fogarty, Dec 14, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  14. i'd like Evotech as seem a good balance between price/quality but they only seem to come with the red adjusters.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information