1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Va Va Vroom! A Classic Motor Bike Can Prove An Investment That Really Sets Pulses Racing

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by pl2112, Jan 16, 2017.

1. I saw this on the VJMCC Faceache page

It looks like the more money than sense brigade have discovered classic bikes!
    Apparently a Yamaha XS1100 worth £7k 18 months ago is now worth £10k - not in my book it ain't!

• Values of some classic bikes have risen more than 300 per cent since 2010
    • This explosion of interest is fuelled by a rise in nostalgia from bike fans
    • Iconic models from makers such as Ducati and Yamaha have recently been grabbing investor attention

Va va vroom! Hit the open road on an investment that really sets pulses racing  | This is Money

Just think Rodney this time next year we'll be millionaires!

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. I tend to treat bikes as fun and entertainment. I treat investments as boring and leave the money in a bank, that way you don't risk your investment on the road where anyone can destroy it for you. Having a bike that does not go on the road is a waste of a bike.
    Mine are all just fun machines and have no value. all1.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. XS1100? I would rather have a permanent limp! (Yes,another one!)

4. Yeah,spot on - if you want art - buy a painting and hang it over the fireplace! However there's nothing wrong with owning a classic or collectible and just riding it now and again

5. Hey @Bob T if that rather lovely drum braked single at the far end has no value I'll gladly exceed your expectations by giving you a couple of hundred quid for it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. There was an article in the Sunday Times a few weeks ago too (someone brought it in to work for me) - motorbikes are better than art on your walls - they look better. So long as you have some on the road too :Mooning:

7. So long as you don't live in a plasterboard starter home!

8. Not yet. I was only given the little Ducati 250 in November and have not even got it French registered yet. I need to get it out and about this year as it is 50 years old now. It has no monetary value to me, it is just a bike that I always wanted. It has no value as it has no price, it is not for sale. I have lived outside the UK for too long now to put a price on everything.

9. I used to despatch on an XS1100. Was a big lump in corners.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information