1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was Just Quoted £100 For Both Baffles For An Acropovic Exhayst On My 848evo

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by slinky848, Feb 14, 2017.

1. bought an 848, comes with the exhaust but no baffles, acropovic just quoted me £100 for replacement baffles,

does this sound ok?

arnt they just pipes of metal [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. What diameter pipes do you have ? And are they slash cut or straight cans ?

Check out eBay there are some for sale for other bikes but could fit if same diameter

[​IMG]

3. i geuss the exit at the end is about 1.5inches?

35-40mm

and erm, slash cut? not sure in all honesty,

acropovic seem to only do 1exhaust for the 848evo

4. Measure the actual pipe back from the end can that will give you the diameter

My bike here albeit termis have slash cut ends in the picture below which means if you have the same style you will need a slightly angled baffle

[​IMG]

5. angled? no the pipe is straight, but the exit is cut at an angle [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

guess theyre straight/standard

ill take a look, bit nervous to just order parts for a different bike to fit

6. Post a picture of what you have :)

Yes if the exit is angled you have 'slash cut type'

7. get the bike thursday [emoji5]

but i know its loud as f*#k

want to do the research first incase i want the part

8. If your in no rush keep checking eBay, gumtree etc I got a second hand pair for £45

Put a post on the Ducati Uk group on Facebook asking there also someone will have some

9. Unless you are doing Trackdays leave them out. Much nicer sound with akros imho. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Not that many options or models with Akras, expect they are these

S-D10S03-ZC-SC.JPG

11. that would be them yes.

12. I've a set you can have for £50

13. i might have to take you up on that. theyre not damaged or anything?

how could we go about this securely. so im not just guving somone random £50? [emoji106][emoji5]

14. Never been used.
    Could do PayPal but as gift.
    Most people do bank transfers, bought bits from d8mok,simmytt & hamish.
    Each time I've transferred before receipt but that's because I've been on the forum a while so we know each other, albeit virtually.
    I've also sold on here and via bank transfer.
    Without coming across arrogant, I'm not desperate for £50 and wouldn't get ousted from the forum for trying to dwindle money, well maybe tens of millions would make me think twice:)

15. no im just attempting to be smart about things, making my brain hurt. im pretty new here and arnt aqainted with dos and donts,

what would you say, post them to me, if i dont pay up you have my address and i presume the forum wouldnt be too pleased.

and ill paypal you what you want on reciept. i also gain a teenie tiny bit of trust from the forums too.

16. if you dont pay we send @El Toro round to shoot you. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. the. the. REAL EL TORO?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. the one and only!! as chesney would say.

19. Whenever I have bought stuff on here, normal etiquette is for the buyer to pay first and the seller to then send on receipt of monies....rather like one would with a traditional mail order or web based transaction.
    I have never had a problem with the trustworthy members of this great forum.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Pay first, post second, thats how its done. Paypal and pay the gift fees if you are that worried. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information