1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Exhaust Have I Got In Mm

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Scott21, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Hi all I've got a 2008 Ducati 1098s with termingnonis on.

Are they the 70mm or could they be a smaller system?

Cheers

2. Looks like you've got standard pipe work and slipons not a 70mm system, they measure about 54mm

3. The easiest way to tell is that the full 72mm system has a kink just before the end cans. The slip ons have a straight section. This is how I've always quickly judged them. Pics below to explain.

Full system
    IMG_3630.JPG

Slip On
    std.jpg

#3 Robarano, Dec 27, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Is the only way to properly know is to measure them?

If I haven't got the 70mm system do I just need the manifold and ecu or should I all ready have that?

5. Yes I have just the slip ins then!

Next question what do I need?

6. You should have the ECU. Turn on you ignition, the message displayed on the dash will tell you which ECU you have.

1098(S) - SBK 1098 TSE (or UK)
    1098(S) DP Slip On - 1098 RACING
    1098(S) Full System - 1098 RACING EVO

#6 Robarano, Dec 27, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  7. For?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mine says 1098 racing.

Do I just need the manifolds?

Thanks for he help so far!

9. You have the slip ons and correct ecu. If you want the full system, you'll need everything replacing including the headers, link pipes, end cans and ecu. Not cheap !

10. O blimey!!! I best get saving!!

Thanks for the information buddy :)

11. Best place to buy full system?

12. Is there a reason you want to change them? Other than 'because I can' :)

13. I'm wanting a little more sound from it. I'm looking to buy new, anyone know the best place to go to

14. Ducati dealer, but pop in to see your bank manager 1st. :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Not wanting to rain on your parade so to speak but will you get that much more sound from having a full system, especially with how much that extra decibel or so will cost !

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Be better to ride without baffles and if the wadding is in good nick pull some out ;) :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. I've got a full system on my 1198, your mates will get pissed off riding behind you as there that chuffing loud but worth it!! I was lucky got mine off here cheap. But a new ducati system your looking at £2500. Only other problem your have is your end cans won't fit the race system your have to cut and reweld the spring tangs off the Y piece.

18. Apart from being loud is there any other benefits of having them? Ie power gains?

19. To be honest no, unless your tuning the motor!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information