1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Is A Streetfighter

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Goon, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Pardon my ignorance but not seen these bikes before, is a hotted up sporty Monster of sorts?

2. A 1098 / 848 with the bodywork removed and high handlebars fitted, basically, very basically.

Oh, and bloody good fun :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#2 Robarano, Jul 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2016
  3. Here's my 1098S - Very rare bikes the 1098 Streetfighters, I read less than 150 were imported to the UK and only a handful of those were S models with Ohlins.

IMG_1129.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  4. You have a Streetfighter? Well I never......... :)

5. 242 according to 'How Many Left'. But still a rare bike. :upyeah:

Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 17.43.06.png

6. Lol anything to add value to his collection

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. You do save a few quid on front tyres with a Streetfighter too.

[​IMG]

8. Yes :D I thought I had mentioned it before though :Smuggrin:

9. That's rare :Wideyed: I guess they can only go up in value :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mine's a standard model with factory Ohlins. Even rarer. Must be worth millions. :Smug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. They all are Gimlet, they all are :Angelic:

12. Ah no. S models have the cooking production Ohlins. Mine is the genuine factory TTX. :Smuggrin: Furthermore, the front end is K-Tech. Could well be the only example in the country with this combination. The value is rocketing.
    Anyone got Henry Cole's number? I'll stick it in the shed and sprinkle some dust on it and he'll give me 20 grand for it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. I watched the new series of the Motorcycle Show a few days ago. That Phil Read replica was fooked. :Wideyed: But I suppose you can restore anything if you throw enough wonga at it.

(Or have a television company do it for you)

14. So has Ducati stopped making this model now then?
    Have the Monster and hyperstrada (or motard) kinda confused it all with too many models?

Recently test road a KTM Duke R, BMW S1000R.. wow.. I could go out for a days fang'in without needing 2days to get over it (yeah I dont get enough time on the superbikes to harden up). Both these bikes were so much fun in different ways.
    Ive ridden a Monster 1200R but didn't really do it for me. Is the Streetfighter a very different beast.. more akin to the two above I demo'd?

15. Yep all done & gone now, a Superbike minus a fairing :)

My favorite 'fighter & exceedingly rare Blackies Matrix Evolution :upyeah:

024.jpg

028.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  16. Are those standard zorts with carbon wrapping and Termi decals? I thought something looked strange about the bike but couldn't initially put my finger on it.

17. Carbon sleeves replacing original alloy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Yup... I know of a guy transformed this with a bit of TLC and a few pennies.

Prior to Restoration.JPG

1952 Norton Model 7.jpg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information